Will there be RTX Super laptops

geoff w

I was wondering if there will be laptop versions of the upcoming RTX Super series of gpu's and if so what will be the eta.

Apparently NVidia are discontinuing most of the rtx cards for desktops and just replacing them with super variants. Will this mean as soon as the stock of laptop gpu's based on lesser sku's are used up then all laptops will start using super or are they stilk making regular rtx gpus for laptops.

Oussebon

Multiverse Poster
Your guess is as good as mine tbh.

I've not heard any rumours either way. The Super GPUs for desktops are announced tomorrow officially so we'll probably need to wait a while to see. I doubt there's much impetus for Nvidia to hurry with mobile Super cards, since AMD aren't competing in that space really and the Super refresh is a direct response to Navi.

debiruman665

Enthusiast
I heard they were dropping the non super cards down to the same price as the navi cards of similar value and using the super series to maintain the premium status

debiruman665

Enthusiast
What we really need to be asking is are the super cards more efficient and provide better value for the the same power or heat?

Oussebon

Multiverse Poster
We already know TDP is going up a smidge. Same architecture, more cores. So higher TDP.

I don't expect it will impact temps too much. The 2060 is a fairly cool card.

People were expecting the existing 2000s to survive alongside the new ones, but not so much any more, it seems to be more the view that they're going EOL.

Nvidia seem to be aiming the cards to just pip Navi in performance. So if a 5700 XT was going to rival a 2070, the Supers just edge it out.