Will this RAM work in this Motherboard?

Michallo

Hi, so im planning to upgrade RAM in my PC.
I found Kingston HyperX Fury HX318C10FBK2/16 2x8GB 1866MHz DDR3 SDRAM DIMM 240-pin...
i think that this ram will work with my motherboard which is, GA-F2A88XM-D3HP
Thanks for help

Michallo

Yes its a PCS computer,

Those are my specs:
-CPU-A10-7800 r7, 12 compute cores 4c_8G 3.57GHz
-Mainboard- GA-F2A88XM-D3HP
-8GB RAM
-Graphics card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 2GB RAM
-Windows 10 PRO as a operating system.
Hope thats all you need.

Oussebon

Multiverse Poster
Depending on what you use the system for, it might not be remotely worth it.

For gaming, for instance there'd be almost no performance improvement in 99% of titles.

Oussebon

Multiverse Poster
Probably. I think the real question, unless you're getting it for free, should be whether it's worth sinking more cash into an obsolete platform for (depending on usage) no benefit anyway.

Michallo

Well I'm paying for it around £20 that's why I decided to get some more RAM as it's really cheap. Also my games often crash from lack of memory. I'm also planning to upgrade the CPU which means I will need to get new motherboard as well.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Games wouldn't crash from not enough memory, they'd just perform slightly slower as it would write to disc.

If it's crashing it's because of an issue, either with the game installation or with drivers (at a guess).

Oussebon

Multiverse Poster
As above, it won't be lack of memory. And if the game has a memory leak, throwing more RAM at it wouldn't fix it.

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
I'm with Oussebon on this; a crash is because there has been a problem. Windows is extremely good at managing RAM (and all the other resources) and it won't crash just because you don't have enough RAM. In addition, any RAM you can buy for £20 is not worth having IMO.

RetroComputing

Bronze Level Poster
As with everyone else that has not answered your question, I do not know if the RAM you want will work with your motherboard. Best advice I can give you is to go to the motherboard manufacturers website and download the pdf manual as it should say in there what RAM it supports.

Before you install any additional RAM, I would advise you (from personal experience) to upgrade your BIOS to the latest version (especially on older motherboards) as it may need to be updated to accept more RAM or faster RAM than what was around when the motherboard was first made.

Oussebon

Multiverse Poster
At the risk of quibbling, it's the QVL rather than the manual :) And RAM not on the QVL may work of course. But yes, it's a fair place to start.

Assuming moar ram is the right approach ofc.