Win11... Is It Worth It?

ppar

Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone had tested Windows 11 for gaming recently? Not sure if it's worth doing the upgrade yet. Let me know your thoughts!

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone had tested Windows 11 for gaming recently? Not sure if it's worth doing the upgrade yet. Let me know your thoughts!
I think for gaming it's not too bad in general. They had an issue with some Denuvo DRM games with EA but those have been sorted now.

It's very easy to upgrade and you get a week to roll back if you're not satisfied.

ppar

I've been testing it at work for corporate and student environments and it's not too bad for those. I know they had major issues for games and gamers back in December but wondered of the fixes applied had actually worked?

I have to admit, I am a little concerned with trying it and rolling back, just because it can go wrong... Although that is the joys and pleasures of IT... Have you tried gaming @SpyderTracks ?

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I know they had major issues for games and gamers back in December but wondered of the fixes applied had actually worked?
The main issues was the DRM causing BSODS, but that's all been fixed now.

They had some issues with half speed M2 drives, but I believe that's been resolved also now.

Have you tried gaming @SpyderTracks ?
I haven't myself, but we've been speccing a lot of Windows 11 gaming builds for a few months now and had no bad feedback that I'm aware of.

RichardL

It came installed on my new laptop (Ryzen 7, 16 gig RAM, 8 gig 3070, 1tb SSD) and it’s been rock solid. Added a 2Tb SSD in the spare M2 slot for my games and had no issues.