Windows 10 and Killer 1525 Bluetooth

leftfield20

Hi all,

I've upgraded to Windows 10 and now I can't seem to get Bluetooth to work.
I mean it is switched on but won't discover any devices. I have tried with my Galaxy S5 and some headphones.
These devices can discover each other but not can be found by my Octane with the 1525 Killer card.
I tried installing the new Bluetooth driver (as well is Killer Suite) from the Killer Network site but to no avail.

I'm guessing other people have this network card and have Bluetooth functionality available? The Wi-Fi is working flawlessly btw (in fact, better than ever!)

I tired uninstalling the drivers and letting the system 're-find' it but I noticed as soon as I uninstall the bt drivers from device manager, once I refresh the list, they are there again!

Anyone able to help please!?

I really want my headphones working but just tried with my phone in the headphones weren't compatible or something.

Thank youuuu

leftfield20

I have solved this, the problem was it seemed to keep reverting to the generic driver so i installed the driver from the Killer website sort of manually.
I did the following:
Open Device manager
Right click Bluetooth
Select Update driver
Browse my computer for driver software
Let me pick from list of device drivers
Have disk
Then navigate to the download folder of the Killer drivers (all the way until I got to an .inf file)
Then this brings up a list and I selected the Atheros QCA61x4 Bluetooth 4.1 driver.

Hey Presto and Fanny's your aunt!

Now devices are discoverable AND connectable!

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
Glad it's sorted. That's the recommended way of solving problems like this (i.e. get the latest driver from the manufacturers website). I'm running Windows 10 and I had a driver issue at the start too, it's still a work in progress even though it's now released to the public.

Have some +rep for coming back with the solution. :)

tonlev

Silver Level Poster
I too have this problem, since downloading Windows 10, although it says it is connected to my android tablet and phone when I try to send a file from either to my laptop all I get is the error message on the sending device stating that the file has not been sent.

Have tried the above and Windows tells me that I have the latest drivers, so not sure what to do now.

Last edited:

leftfield20

When I've tried to do this, I found that I had to set my laptop to receive the file first before sending it from my android device.
If I just send it from my phone without 'preparing' my laptop for arrival, it always fails as well.

I set the laptop to receive by a right click on the bluetooth icon on the taskbar (near the clock)

tonlev

Silver Level Poster
I tried that dfubster, but the 'allow a device to connect' icon is greyed out.

I am totally at a loss as what to do next, and Microsoft have so far not come up with an answer after I contacted them