Windows 10, Chrome and YouTube

spooky23

Hi. So there's two issues that are doing my nut in and I've got to the point where I can't fathom a reason why either exist in the first place.

1 - Lag in Chrome when watching Youtube videos. Now to be clear on this, the lag isn't bandwidth related. There's an ever so slight pause in play every few seconds. It's enough to be noticeable and thus annoying. I've attempted uninstalling Flash and followed a few suggestions from old Google searches but nothing seems to fix this issue.

2 - The flickering that occurs occasionally at the top end of Chrome (mostly when using Youtube, but also noticed it a moment a ago when re-reading this post and editing it with this sentence). Now with this, I'm pretty certain that if I go into Chrome advanced settings and untick 'hardware acceleration' it fixes this issue. The consequence is that it hurts the overall performance of Chrome. For example, scrolling down a Reddit looks messy.

Has anyone experienced either of these? I'm suspicious that hardware acceleration (enable or disabled) is also influencing both issues.

thanks

Last edited:

Tony1044

Prolific Poster
Did you by any chance do an in place upgrade to Windows 10 creators edition?

I ask because that's what I did and had several issues of the lag you mention. I'm afraid it took a clean reinstall.

spooky23

Hmm. Damn it, hope I don't need to clean install.

Noticed something today, watching embedded youtube videos in Reddit threads - they play perfectly.

helios

I have creation edition in my computer for a month. I haven't experienced lag when playing video in youtube.