Windows 10 Install

roymax

I have a Windows 10 license which I intend to transfer to a new PC I have bought from PCS.

What is the best way to achieve this?

Should I transfer the license to a bootable medium (like a USB stick) prior to delivery?

Is it better to connect to internet and download my license when new PC arrives?

Advice would be appreciated, thanks

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
What kind of license do you have? Is this a retail copy of Windows you bought from Microsoft or one that came with an old PC?

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
Its one from an old PC, so its linked to my MS account online
The you simply download the latest copy of Windows 10 using the Media Creation Tool and clean install that to your new PC selecting the 'I have no product key' option when asked. When you logon with your Microsoft ID the digital license associated with that will activate your copy of Windows.

Note that the version of Windows you download and install (Home/Pro etc.) must match the version your digital license is for.

roymax

Thanks thats excellent advice. So would it make sense to download it now to a usb stick for instance? Also when you say 'clean install' is that an option when using the Media Creation Tool or is that a distinct process I should follow?

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Thanks thats excellent advice. So would it make sense to download it now to a usb stick for instance? Also when you say 'clean install' is that an option when using the Media Creation Tool or is that a distinct process I should follow?
Follow option one from here: