Windows 11 Issue

19dayne

Bronze Level Poster
Hey, I purchased a custom pre-built and I was wondering if anyone can help me with an issue I have come a crossed whilst trying to upgrade to windows 11. I have met all the requirements to upgrade, apart from 'TPM 2.0 must be supported and and enabled on this PC'. I don't know what this means and was wondering if anyone can help me with this. Thanks!

19dayne

Bronze Level Poster
In the BIOS perhaps? ;)
yeah enabled tpm via the BIOS, but now it is saying in the Update and Security that I do not fit the requirement whereas the PC Health Check application says that I have all the requirements...? so im confused nowww

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
yeah enabled tpm via the BIOS, but now it is saying in the Update and Security that I do not fit the requirement whereas the PC Health Check application says that I have all the requirements...? so im confused nowww
What message are you getting?

19dayne

Bronze Level Poster
What message are you getting?
Windows Says this:

Screenshot_17.png

PC Health Check says this:

Screenshot_18.png

19dayne

Bronze Level Poster
What do you see if you click on the two blue buttons at the bottom?
See all results shows the list of stuff that is required which are ticked of for me, before I enabled TPM, it had a red cross but now everything is ticked off.

Device specifications just brings you to the Microsoft Website.

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
My guess would be that you're running a driver that isn't HVCI compliant. Either that or something else you have installed is not supported.

You'd be better advised to clean install Windows 11 in any case. Upgrading Windows in place can be a lottery sometimes.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
See all results shows the list of stuff that is required which are ticked of for me, before I enabled TPM, it had a red cross but now everything is ticked off.

Device specifications just brings you to the Microsoft Website.
Did you enable TPM or fTPM? TPM is a hardware module which you almost certainly don't have. fTPM is a part of the motherboard.

19dayne

Bronze Level Poster
Did you enable TPM or fTPM? TPM is a hardware module which you almost certainly don't have. fTPM is a part of the motherboard.
oh yeah it was fTPM, but it still enabled my TPM because when I go on tpm.msc Windows + R it says its read for use. but before i enabled it, it said i didnt have it.

Last edited:

dani72

Silver Level Poster
I'm having the exact same issue. I enabled TPM and now the PC Health Checker says my PC meets Windows 11 requirements but when I go to Windows Update it says the opposite. I would imagine since my PC is less than 6 months old it would definitely meet the requirements for Windows 11.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I'm having the exact same issue. I enabled TPM and now the PC Health Checker says my PC meets Windows 11 requirements but when I go to Windows Update it says the opposite. I would imagine since my PC is less than 6 months old it would definitely meet the requirements for Windows 11.
I'm guessing it's the windows update hasn't rechecked for the change of hardware settings.

You could try resetting the windows update store.

I can vouch for the batch script I'm this article, it's safe, have used it myself:

ZuParadox

Bronze Level Poster
I've got this message pop up - firstly how do i do that and secondly, is it worth upgrading to W11 yet?

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    29.2 KB · Views: 126

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
I've got this message pop up - firstly how do i do that and secondly, is it worth upgrading to W11 yet?
That's a very subjective question. 'Worth it' means different things to different people. In any case, without a TPM you'll struggle to install it.