Windows 11, version 22H2, has landed

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Windows 11, version 22H2, is now being released, downloading it to the laptop as I type this, just hope they didn't mess things up like samsung did wit one UI 4.1.1 😂

1663707452110.png

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Downloading now, it's not showing up in my windows updates, and the updater tool isn't working because it's picking up that I don't have a TPM chip, so going to try in place upgrade from the bootable USB.

Steveyg

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
I think I'll swap over to Windows 11 in the next couple weeks, have two weddings the next two weekends so I'll be busy and not have the will or energy to upgrade. Looking forward to finally giving it a rattle

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Downloading now, it's not showing up in my windows updates, and the updater tool isn't working because it's picking up that I don't have a TPM chip, so going to try in place upgrade from the bootable USB.
I checked last night to if it was showing up on "The Berserker", but wasn't any sign of it there, so guessing it's a phased rollout

RichardDavies99

Bronze Level Poster
My computer at work upgraded it's self to Windows 11 without issue.

Currently my home computer is letting me know it's ready to upgrade, which I might allow at the weekend.

TonyCarter

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Not had any problem with it on either of my machines. Both were already W11, and I've not had any adverse effects in gaming/general use.

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Because my desktop isn't supported hardware wise, I had to clean install, so just downloading a few games to test the stuttering issues.
Let us know how it goes, I'll se if i get any problems killing Greek soldiers and bandits later when I fire up Assassins creed Origins (Can't believe I've got about 50 hours into that)

Bhuna50

Author Level
Nearly had this laptop two years and contemplating whether to upgrade to Win11....but before I do any of that, its back up and maintenance time which is making me nervous (be my first re-paste ever as normally get someone else to do it LOL)...thinking I might order an upgrade to my hard drives too or do I sell this and get another laptop....decisions decisions.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Nearly had this laptop two years and contemplating whether to upgrade to Win11....but before I do any of that, its back up and maintenance time which is making me nervous (be my first re-paste ever as normally get someone else to do it LOL)...thinking I might order an upgrade to my hard drives too or do I sell this and get another laptop....decisions decisions.
Tell you what, these watercooled beasties are seriously taking my eye. When the next gen chassis come out next year, that may be a killer pairing as a DTR

RichardDavies99

Bronze Level Poster
I went ahead with the upgrade to W11, which went smoothly & needed just the odd tweak afterwards. It wanted to automatically open some software on startup I don't normally use so had to find where to turn them off.

My only minor complaints about W11 is the small font size for the clock on the taskbar & not showing more than one window per program on the task bar.