Windows 11, version 22H2, has landed

TonyCarter

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
I spent the first day of W11 turning off all the ‘live tiles’ rubbish for news, sports, weather, etc. and removed/disabled any software that will never be run on that machine (Teams, News, OneDrive, etc.)

DanielQ88

Hi, how's everyone felt on W11? Anyone experienced the stuttering issues? Looking to upgrade and give it a whirl. Thanks.

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Ok so W11, got an update today (KB5019509) which bought several handy features (especially on a laptop):

• Tabbed browsing in file explorer, this means you can use file explorer more like a browser with more than one tab available from the same window, I know I'll be using this a lot especially when copying files from the sd card in my drone to the PC/laptop for editing
1666167006489.png

• The overflow area in the taskbar is now actually usable again

1666167577018.jpeg

However contrary to some reports, you still can't right click the taskbar to get the task mananager

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Ok so W11, got an update today (KB5019509) which bought several handy features (especially on a laptop):

• Tabbed browsing in file explorer, this means you can use file explorer more like a browser with more than one tab available from the same window, I know I'll be using this a lot especially when copying files from the sd card in my drone to the PC/laptop for editing
View attachment 34963

• The overflow area in the taskbar is now actually usable again

View attachment 34964

However contrary to some reports, you still can't right click the taskbar to get the task mananager
Man, I've been waiting for this tabbed windows explorer for ages!

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
There's a major update on that respect on it's way afaik.
yeah some of the articles intimated that it would be included in this optional update, but guess weve got to wait longer, in the mean time I've got it pinned to the taskbar on both machines

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Well that's odd, just updated the berserker and task manager is there with a right click on the taskbar, but not on laptop

1666180015158.jpeg

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
Any of the updates ever added the right click option for Laptops yet? I've just checked mine and it's still not there. Same as yourself @Martinr36, its on my desktop.

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
As if by magic, I installed some updates and it's now there.

Now, at the same time I was trying the registry hack, so not sure if that's done it..... it didn't work after the reboot though, only after the updates were installed, so think it may be coincidence.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
As if by magic, I installed some updates and it's now there.

Now, at the same time I was trying the registry hack, so not sure if that's done it..... it didn't work after the reboot though, only after the updates were installed, so think it may be coincidence.
What was the registry hack?

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine