Windows 11, version 22H2

JediMonsoon

Gold Level Poster
I heard there were problems with this and Ryzen processors and gaming. Does anyone know if this has been resolved and if it is safe for me to update to yet?

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I heard there were problems with this and Ryzen processors and gaming. Does anyone know if this has been resolved and if it is safe for me to update to yet?
I think that's only the new 7000 series due to early BIOSes, it's not related to earlier Ryzens, unless you've got a link to something I haven't seen?

JediMonsoon

Gold Level Poster
Thank you.

Lots of those articles you have listed have links to other articles saying it seems to have a lot of bugs and issues with gaming performance etc. I think it was a few of those I read. I didn’t even know the ryzen 7000 ones until I just read them there. I’m just wary as I like to always be up to date but would rather it didn’t have a negative effect on my system.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Thank you.

Lots of those articles you have listed have links to other articles saying it seems to have a lot of bugs and issues with gaming performance etc. I think it was a few of those I read. I didn’t even know the ryzen 7000 ones until I just read them there. I’m just wary as I like to always be up to date but would rather it didn’t have a negative effect on my system.
22H2 did have bugs when it was first released but that was a while ago now, there's no issues on anything other than Ryzen 7000, and most of that is the Ryzen 9 chips.

NVidia has a new bug as well with 100% usage when idle on the desktop, but that doesn't affect performance and is easily fixeable.

That's as far as I'm aware. I'm on 22H2 on both my desktop and laptop since release day and haven't had any issues even when there were issues present. As always, it only affects a small subset.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Is it this issue you're referring to? BIOS updates should resolve it
That was all the way back in March way before 22H2 or even Ryzen 7000, but yeah, that affected all Ryzen boards with the TPM activated (which meant all Windows 11 users)

Edited, apologies, came across not as I intended, meant to big up as is a bug that would affect any Ryzen user

Last edited: