Windows 12 imminent

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Well well well, doesn't feel like Windows 11 has been around very long at all, and here we are with final dev releases of Windows 12.

Not sure how I feel about this drive towards AI, I was excited at first, but it's quickly feeling like a bit of a spam intrusion with all the meaningless drivel that's bombarding us as a result.

HomerJ

Prolific Poster
Well well well, doesn't feel like Windows 11 has been around very long at all, and here we are with final dev releases of Windows 12.

Not sure how I feel about this drive towards AI, I was excited at first, but it's quickly feeling like a bit of a spam intrusion with all the meaningless drivel that's bombarding us as a result.

windows 11 has only being around for like 5 min, :LOL:

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
i wonder why microsoft changed tact, wasnt the original plan to have windows 10 and then continually update the os so there didnt need to be numbered versions.
They were pushing for "windows as a service". My guess is that translated to virtual azure desktops via subscription, but with their push in enterprise, they realised it wasn't ready for mass adoption yet.

But that's the way it's going I reckon. They'll push the cost price of desktop windows high to push people to azure where they can manage the OS and drivers etc as they want to.

When you consider that, you realise Chromebooks were actually far ahead of their time.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Yeah I saw that somewhere the other day, mind you wasn't 11 supposed to be the last numbered Windows
10 was supposed to be the last numbered windows, and they were going to move to windows as a service, but the pandemic showed that the userbase wasn't ready for that so they scuppered the plan.