Windows 7

Connor

Bronze Level Poster
Heya guys I've currently got a PC on Pre-Production and I need some serious answers here.

I can get Windows 7 Ultimate for £1.50 (Cause I know people who have MSDN accounts) And they work cause there vouched on a popular forum I go on and I've also purchased a Windows 7 Professional off them for £1 and got it verified on my PC now and activated so I know it works my question is

Should I pay the extra £70 odd when I can get it for £1-2 as this can save me money to invest it in a better graphic card.

Thanks

- Connor

Phoenix

Prolific Poster
If you can get a legitimate copy for that much cheaper then yes it's a good idea to upgrade the graphics card to something better like the HD6870.

Last edited:

PCS

Administrator
Staff member
I'm unsure of what the Microsoft licensing terms are around this, and so I cannot advise you which option to select, but providing you're happy to install your own OS and drivers, etc, then it seems like a good deal...

Gishank

Bright Spark
IIRC unless you own the account, you are not permitted to access it. Additionally whoever owns the account is not permitted to provide you with discounted software offered to them. It's apart of the T&C I believe. As such you could face repurcussions in the future such as your key being deactivated (has happend before, look it up), thus I would advise you to get a fully genuine retail copy.

Connor

Bronze Level Poster
IIRC unless you own the account, you are not permitted to access it. Additionally whoever owns the account is not permitted to provide you with discounted software offered to them. It's apart of the T&C I believe. As such you could face repurcussions in the future such as your key being deactivated (has happend before, look it up), thus I would advise you to get a fully genuine retail copy.

Thanks, I'll stick with Windows 7 HP with PCS although may in future just upgrade.