Windows 8.1

mitchell65

Gold Level Poster
Reading through this thread I would suggest anyone considering this upgrade would be well advised to create a backup of their whole hard drive with Macrium Reflect. At least if you do that you can get back to where you started in about 20 mins with no problems.

nathanjrb

Prolific Poster
Well, PC and Surface tablet have all updated successfully, which is great news! I really like the update and it definitely integrates more- especially as you can set the metro interface background to the same as your desktop one - which really helps.

rickne

Master Poster
Well, PC and Surface tablet have all updated successfully, which is great news! I really like the update and it definitely integrates more- especially as you can set the metro interface background to the same as your desktop one - which really helps.

It took this post to realise what else the update did lol. As a Start8 user I always had the start menu so little else to see.

gaaron

Silver Level Poster
OK....

Would be nice to know that BEFORE it restarts. I guess I'll just leave it then....

Yes indeed!! I thought my upgrade had faltered aswell. Any how I left it and after a 'while' all was up & running. Only prob - on my desktop screen it says 'secure boot hasn't been configured correctly'.