Windows 8, My Screenshots

F3AR

Well, i don't like to keep people waiting so:
80036935.png

37822399.png

43071553.png

62714237.png

33785930.png

There is one weird thing that you (kinda) get used to, the windows button (bottom left) and windows button on the keyboard takes you directly to the page with the icons on, so no start menu.
another cool little feature is that the weather app has a moving background!
if you want any more screenshots then please ask :)
Also, high Res photos avaidable on demand :)
thanks,
F3AR

Attachments

• 80036935.png
    80036935.png
    389 KB · Views: 183

Xoil

Once again nice to see another Windows NT OS.. some nice... insecure... systems....

They really need a new kernal...

phicla

Bronze Level Poster
app ? APPS ? If i'm using a PC I'm going to be wanting programs , not apps ..... *@%$ Apple , I wont do what you tell me !

Music Guy123

Prolific Poster
Yes, I have had that developer preview for a little while! I must say, it really isn't too different from win 7 visually. There are a few things, I think all of them have been shown in the pics though. One thing that still annoys me is that you can't remove apps from background but apparently they do go if your RAM fills up.

Music Guy123

Prolific Poster
Those pics aren't mine but I have the same thing. It is very similar to win 7. I don't think it will be terrible, i think that it just won't be much better than win 7. We will have to wait to see when it is released. The developer preview is free, give it a go!

JakAttack

Resident Metalhead
Staff member
Microsoft follow a very specific pattern (not counting pre-Start Menu days):

Windows 95 - Good
Windows 98 - Crap
Windows 98 SE - Good
Windows Me - Crap (also known as Blue Screen Central)
Windows XP/2000 (yes I am claiming their pretty much the same OS :p) - Good
Windows Vista - Crap
Windows 7 - Good
Windows 8 - We shall see... but the history does not fill you with confidence ;)

Still looking forward to getting my hands on it, waiting for proper edition, don't like Betas, always feels like it's not quite finished... tee hee.

Teaz

Godlike
I remember it says you can get the layout to the windows 7 look if not desired by the windows 8 layout. I have seen if done in a video by a Microsoft staff. Should be available as an option im sure.

tfcoulson

Silver Level Poster
Isnt that just admiting that even the microsoft developers dont all like the windows 8 look and would prefer to stick to 7 :)