Windows cannot install required files after my PC had critical failure

Dillon

Im getting 'Windows cannot install required files. The file may be corrupt or missing. Make sure that all files required for installation are available and restart the installation. Error code: 0x80070017'

This all started after I got a system error and was told to troubleshoot it but then I got a critical error and my pc reset I kept getting windows repair but after so mant tries I got a black screen. I bought a windows repair disk but and now I am getting that above at 41%.

I am lost and need help, any advice?

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
Before you reinstall, open an elevated command prompt and run the following command:

dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

If that fails, and you have a Windows installation DVD/USB stick handy, insert that media (I'll assume it's given the drive letter F: but yours may be different) and run the following command:

dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth Source:F:\Sources\install.esd

If both of those fail then a reinstall is your best (only) way forward.

If either one of those dism command succeeds then run the following command and reboot:

sfc /scannow

Dillon

Before you reinstall, open an elevated command prompt and run the following command:

dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

If that fails, and you have a Windows installation DVD/USB stick handy, insert that media (I'll assume it's given the drive letter F: but yours may be different) and run the following command:

dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth Source:F:\Sources\install.esd

If both of those fail then a reinstall is your best (only) way forward.

If either one of those dism command succeeds then run the following command and reboot:

sfc /scannow
I cant opne cmd before I use the disk but ill try the other idea