Windows Licence - KUK-00001?

I originally placed my PC order with Windows 10 Home 64 Bit - inc. Single Licence. I would like to amend the order to Professional rather than Home.

However, when I go to amend my order, and set everything as per my original order, I noticed that I'm still being charged for a £28 amendment. Clicking proceed, it seems to be telling me that the change is because of a different Windows; and the only difference seems to be the "[KUK-00001]" on the end:

1612867679911.png

Does anyone know what the change is to KUK-00001, if anything?

I want to make sure that when I amend my order, I'm only paying for the difference between Home and Professional, and not paying for Windows from scratch again. If I select Professional as the amendment, I get the following price quote:

1612868015887.png

Does this seem right?

Many thanks.

Windows professional via Microsoft is around £100 more so the £47 extra would just be for the upgrade.

Not sure whats going on with the first licence, happened to someone else on here, they contacted PCS but i don't think we heard what the outcome was and think it was a glitch in the configurator. Its worth mentioning to PCS

Stephen M

Author Level
Not sure but is it possible to go with your original Windows then update it when installed via the Microsoft site, that may save money.

psychedelicbeast

I had the same issue. I contacted PCS who told me that apparently there has been some difference in the way MS is charging per core or something (for WIndows). This however should not affect existing orders placed so they sorted it out for me. You should contact PCS directly as well

I wonder if KUK means for UK which is different from the European variation because of Brexit

JzB

Bronze Level Poster
I have the same issue, I posted it in the website feedback section. Just waiting on a reply from PCS, I'll post up when I get one. Definitely seems to be the windows license though.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210203-113547.png
    Screenshot_20210203-113547.png
    193.1 KB · Views: 176

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I can't see any difference on the configurator when it comes to Windows pricing than there was 6 months ago and beyond..strange. I have, however, noticed that Windows for a 5000 CPU is more expensive than Windows for a 3000 Series CPU even when they are the same core count :mad:

As to KUK, it could indicate a UK variant possibly....not sure it's related to Brexit though as that variant has been around for some time
Hmmmm... there seems to be something afoot here, definitely.

We'll keep a close eye on this, if @JzB hears anything, please do post back, we may need to escalate this on the Moosephone.

JzB

Bronze Level Poster
Hmmmm... there seems to be something afoot here, definitely.

We'll keep a close eye on this, if @JzB hears anything, please do post back, we may need to escalate this on the Moosephone.
Yeah I'll definitely post up when I get a response. Will be a few days yet though, got the auto email acknowledging it sent on the 7th. So should know something by the weekend or early next week I'd imagine.

JzB

Bronze Level Poster
Just got a response from PCS. Unfortunately the issue is not addressed directly.

Good afternoon,
Thanks for getting in touch with us and I am sorry to hear this. What are you trying to change exactly?

Do I just re state the issue as it is affecting a few of us. Would be good to be able to amend my own order again should I need to.

Just got a response from PCS. Unfortunately the issue is not addressed directly.

Good afternoon,
Thanks for getting in touch with us and I am sorry to hear this. What are you trying to change exactly?

Do I just re state the issue as it is affecting a few of us. Would be good to be able to amend my own order again should I need to.
Might be worth directing them to this thread. I can imagine they are as confused as we are.

SiR

I've recently amended my order ( upgraded PSU, m.2 and ssd, scratched hdd) and apart from all the changes there was a charge of £13 for Windows which I haven't touched.. I thought it's something to do with drives so I just left it as I couldn't do nothing about it. The number has changed from KK3-00002 to KUK-00001 yet they were both English versions

JzB

Bronze Level Poster
I've recently amended my order ( upgraded PSU, m.2 and ssd, scratched hdd) and apart from all the changes there was a charge of £13 for Windows which I haven't touched.. I thought it's something to do with drives so I just left it as I couldn't do nothing about it. The number has changed from KK3-00002 to KUK-00001 yet they were both English versions
Yeah it seems to be an error in the amend order page, it's odd as it seems to be different amounts for different users. Mine and op's is saying £28 for example whilst yours was £13. I've emailed PCS so we'll see if this can be sorted as I'm fairly sure it is unintended.

dr_wanqenstein

Silver Level Poster
Yeah it seems to be an error in the amend order page, it's odd as it seems to be different amounts for different users. Mine and op's is saying £28 for example whilst yours was £13. I've emailed PCS so we'll see if this can be sorted as I'm fairly sure it is unintended.

For what it's worth, I'm also seeing an £18 charge on mine which is just as baffling!

1613584657499.png

JzB

Bronze Level Poster
Yeah they are used in all retail settings to track of products, stock levels and to differentiate model updates etc. We use 6 digit numbered codes at work for all our stock so I'd assume the KUK codes are the same thing. Id guess the SKU has changed/updated at some point, probably with an increased price point. With an error occuring in the config with the higher price somewhere along the line for certain users.

dr_wanqenstein

Silver Level Poster
Did anyone hear anything back from PCS on this? I emailed over a week and a half ago and sent a message in tech support last week but still heard nothing. Quite annoying as i'd like to make a small amendment but don't want an unnecessary charge added to it.

SillyDrizzle

Wow! Just noticed this on both my amendments as well! Slightly annoyed as well as I didnt touch the window license

Last edited by a moderator:

JzB

Bronze Level Poster
Unfortunately not yet, only got the first response I posted previously. Have emailed back but wait times are around a week for replies. Got support ticket in aswell but not heard anything there yet. This does seem to affect an increasing number of people so hopefully it gets addressed at some point.

dr_wanqenstein

Silver Level Poster
Unfortunately not yet, only got the first response I posted previously. Have emailed back but wait times are around a week for replies. Got support ticket in aswell but not heard anything there yet. This does seem to affect an increasing number of people so hopefully it gets addressed at some point.

Yeah their lack of comms on this is really frustrating now. I appreciate PCS are busy but over 10 days with no response now for me really isn't good enough.

JzB

Bronze Level Poster
Yeah their lack of comms on this is really frustrating now. I appreciate PCS are busy but over 10 days with no response now for me really isn't good enough.
Got this yesterday evening. Hopefully they are looking to address this as stated below. But looks like we'll need to email or call to make any changes without being charged the extra in future.

Sorry for the delay,

I can make the changes for you whilst we look to resolve this issue, Is it just the PSU to change? 750 should still be sufficient.

dr_wanqenstein

Silver Level Poster
Got this yesterday evening. Hopefully they are looking to address this as stated below. But looks like we'll need to email or call to make any changes without being charged the extra in future.

Sorry for the delay,

I can make the changes for you whilst we look to resolve this issue, Is it just the PSU to change? 750 should still be sufficient.

Good to know. I emailed with the change I'd like to make so hopefully get a reply soon to see if it's possible.