windows live movie maker won't launch.

Al.Neri

Super Star
yeah, I've given up on trying to fix it to be honest, 2 sleepless nights and still no nearer to finding a solution. already reinstalled the latest drivers earlier.

thanks anyway

are there any good free alternatives to WLMM?

pengipete

Rising Star
None that I've tried but Pinnacle - a reputable company that publishes some seriously high-end apps - has a freebie called VideoSpin which should be worth a look - http://www.videospin.com/uk/ There are a couple of freeware or open-source video editors around but they're not noted for being user friendly - just Google "free video editor" and you'll get a few hits - not many though as it's not a "hot" area for non-commercial producers.

Apart from that, one of the best ways to get decent software for "free" is magazine cover-disks - they're always giving away slightly older but perfectly good versions of software plus you get a nice shiny comic. Failing that, check online for shops selling off slightly older versions - just check before buying that they'll work with your operating system - incuding 64 bits if that applies to you.

Grimezy

Prolific Poster
Did you try uninstalling it completely and reinstalling it rather than just the drivers?

I don't have personal experience with many programs but the first that came to mind was if Nero do a version of it? I remember getting a disk in my welcome pack that I have yet to install but I'm pretty sure that had different editing programs on it.