Windows Update

Azzthatch

Bronze Level Poster
Hi,

Its been about a week since I got my PC from PCS and am glad to say that everything is running fine. However, I have noticed that when running a Windows Update it seems to spend a long time stuck on "Configuring Windows Update, Please do not power off your machine - 32%". Is there any reason for this because I never used to get this on my 32-Bit version of Windows 7 Home Premium?

Thanks in advance.

steaky360

I'm assuming after it being stuck for a while it runs normally? Also does it do this every time you turn on/off the PC?

If not then its fine, the first couple of times windows updates it may have a fair few to get through so might take longer. Depending on what the update is it could take more or less time.

If it isn't causing any issues (other than taking a longer time to turn off when it does update) then I wouldn't worry.

Azzthatch

Bronze Level Poster
I'm assuming after it being stuck for a while it runs normally? Also does it do this every time you turn on/off the PC?

If not then its fine, the first couple of times windows updates it may have a fair few to get through so might take longer. Depending on what the update is it could take more or less time.

If it isn't causing any issues (other than taking a longer time to turn off when it does update) then I wouldn't worry.

Yes, no problems with the PC running at all... I have done two or three Windows Updates since I had the PC and it has happened every time. Stuck on 32% whilst configuring for about 10 - 15 mins.