Windows Upgrade & Audio Driver Error

Rama930

Hi All,

I need some help with my laptop as nothing seems to be working properly on it anymore.

A small new Windows update didn't get installed properly yesterday and when I turned my laptop on today it wouldn't start up. after a lot of shutting it down and starting it up made me go through diagnostic and then through repair process which never finished. But after many forceful shutdowns the Laptop started up but I could not find any sound output devices. I tried restarting the Windows Audio device from services but it gives me an error saying I cannot start it up. tried seeing if there is an update needed for the audio drivers but it tells me they are up to date.

1670107987820.png

1670108414007.png

So then I tried to uninstall the latest Windows update but to finish that I need to restart the PC and whenever I do that the restart initiates an upgrade not deinstalling. This will only go to 7% before trying to redo the Windows upgrade a few times before giving up and starting the Laptop like normal.

However, now I'm unable to use certain features of my laptop: cannot open Microsoft world document/ excel etc.., cannot open folders (none of them) and I cannot even use snipping tool.
I have been trying to get the rest of the WIndows update done but it won't install it at all and it stays at 0% no matter how often I restart or shut down my computer.

Is anyone else having similar issues? Or does anyone know how to solve this?

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Hi All,

I need some help with my laptop as nothing seems to be working properly on it anymore.

A small new Windows update didn't get installed properly yesterday and when I turned my laptop on today it wouldn't start up. after a lot of shutting it down and starting it up made me go through diagnostic and then through repair process which never finished. But after many forceful shutdowns the Laptop started up but I could not find any sound output devices. I tried restarting the Windows Audio device from services but it gives me an error saying I cannot start it up. tried seeing if there is an update needed for the audio drivers but it tells me they are up to date.

View attachment 35410
View attachment 35411

So then I tried to uninstall the latest Windows update but to finish that I need to restart the PC and whenever I do that the restart initiates an upgrade not deinstalling. This will only go to 7% before trying to redo the Windows upgrade a few times before giving up and starting the Laptop like normal.

However, now I'm unable to use certain features of my laptop: cannot open Microsoft world document/ excel etc.., cannot open folders (none of them) and I cannot even use snipping tool.
I have been trying to get the rest of the WIndows update done but it won't install it at all and it stays at 0% no matter how often I restart or shut down my computer.

Is anyone else having similar issues? Or does anyone know how to solve this?
I would just bite the bullet and do a clean install, sounds like something is majorly borked.

Are you the admin on that machine?

Rama930

Hi,

I have a customised Elimina Series. I was cleaning my laptop today with some regular pray and a cloth. When I turned my laptop on the Num Lock key kept going on and off by itself. So I thought maybe I during cleaning I pressed too hard on that key. I took the key off but the problem still persists. I thought ok maybe some dust got stuck so I took cotton swabs and carefully swiped it to see if it helps but no.
Nothing I do helps with it and I have no idea why it's happening or how to make it stop.

If anyone came across a similar issue or knows how to fix it, please let me know. I would appreciate it!

Kind Regards,

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-03-29 125543.jpg
    Screenshot 2023-03-29 125543.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 62
Last edited:

Rama930

I would just bite the bullet and do a clean install, sounds like something is majorly borked.

Are you the admin on that machine?
Hi, I completely forgot I had posted a question on here. I did a clean instalment of Windows but I still cannot install the Windows update for some reason. I tried contacting Windows support and community but they told me to reinstall Windows I did it twice and do not want to do it a third time due to the time it takes to get all my things downloaded on my laptop again.
It has been weeks so it's beyond frustrating for me to see this as an ongoing issue with no solution

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Hi, I completely forgot I had posted a question on here. I did a clean instalment of Windows but I still cannot install the Windows update for some reason. I tried contacting Windows support and community but they told me to reinstall Windows I did it twice and do not want to do it a third time due to the time it takes to get all my things downloaded on my laptop again.
It has been weeks so it's beyond frustrating for me to see this as an ongoing issue with no solution
How are you installing windows?

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Hi,

I have a customised Elimina Series. I was cleaning my laptop today with some regular pray and a cloth. When I turned my laptop on the Num Lock key kept going on and off by itself. So I thought maybe I during cleaning I pressed too hard on that key. I took the key off but the problem still persists. I thought ok maybe some dust got stuck so I took cotton swabs and carefully swiped it to see if it helps but no.
Nothing I do helps with it and I have no idea why it's happening or how to make it stop.

If anyone came across a similar issue or knows how to fix it, please let me know. I would appreciate it!

Kind Regards,
Hiya, could you post your full specs from the order page?