Wireless connection problems with Clevo laptop

Anthony

Hi

I am having constant wireless connection problems with my Clevo frame laptop which is about 18 months old.

I have an Intel Centrino Ultimate-N6300 AGN wireless network adapter and I have the latest drivers installed.

The problem is that everytime I boot up my laptop or load up from sleep mode, I have to right click on the bottom right-hand icon and troubleshoot problems to get a connection.

Now I am finding that the laptop loses connection and won't let me troubleshoot the problem at all. The only thing I can do is to reboot again and get about 2 minutes of Internet access before it stops working again. The laptop recognises that there are networks available; it just doesn't connect to them.

Dods anybody know how to solve this problem please? Thanks.

Last edited:

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
Go into device manager, right click on your wifi card and uninstall it. When it asks if you want to uninstall the driver as well click yes. Then reboot. If WIndows does not install a suitable driver then manually install the latest driver (which you already have).

sirbb

I have had the same problem with my Optimus IV and the N6300 card since receiving it 18 months ago. It is fine when booting from cold or rebooting the computer but just hangs if you open up from sleep (I have already disabled power saving etc.). I have trawled the net to find solutions and each solution suggested only seems to be relevant to the one computer discussed in that thread (i.e. Lenovo or Dell) and none of these seem to work on a Clevo.

My ongoing temporary solution (not ideal but workable) is to disable and then enable the wifi adapter once the computer has come out of sleep. It is an extra step but only takes a few seconds and it does seem to sort the problem for whatever reason.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I have had the same problem with my Optimus IV and the N6300 card since receiving it 18 months ago. It is fine when booting from cold or rebooting the computer but just hangs if you open up from sleep (I have already disabled power saving etc.). I have trawled the net to find solutions and each solution suggested only seems to be relevant to the one computer discussed in that thread (i.e. Lenovo or Dell) and none of these seem to work on a Clevo.

My ongoing temporary solution (not ideal but workable) is to disable and then enable the wifi adapter once the computer has come out of sleep. It is an extra step but only takes a few seconds and it does seem to sort the problem for whatever reason.

For information, if you're getting sick of it, wireless cards are pretty easy to upgrade and don't cost too much (from 15£ upwards). If you're still in warranty, I'm sure PCS would be open to performing the upgrade. If not, it'd be fairly straightforward to do yourself.