Wireless network

Wree

Hi i just get my new computer and installed the lastest driver for the wireless card and it doesn't work, if it's connect even than i cant get access to the internet or have very slow about 2kb\s while on the laptop i can get 10mb\s and both of them in the same place. I get the driver (NWP300ev3) from pcspecialst.co.uk than tried from it home page www.addon-tech.com. I have win 7 and want to connect to virginmedia broadband.
Does any body have a idea how should i get the same speed.

Wree

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
Have you connected the antenna(s) to the wifi card? They should have come in the packaging, they'll probably look like stubby black sticks. Lots of people make that mistake.

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
Try moving around the antennas randomly. From personal experience I found that the most logical position for the antennas usually wasn't the best

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
Hi i just get my new computer and installed the lastest driver for the wireless card and it doesn't work, if it's connect even than i cant get access to the internet or have very slow about 2kb\s while on the laptop i can get 10mb\s and both of them in the same place. I get the driver (NWP300ev3) from pcspecialst.co.uk than tried from it home page www.addon-tech.com. I have win 7 and want to connect to virginmedia broadband.
Does any body have a idea how should i get the same speed.

Wree

A few questions then:

1. Did you buy the PC with an OS installed or did you install one yourself?

2. You say you have "installed the latest driver", so was the wifi card working ok before you did that?

3. Did you get this wifi card from PCS or is it one of your own?

Hopefully I'll be more able to help if you can let me know all that. Thanks. :)