Wireless refuses to turn on

tychard

Yesterday everything was working fine. Turned my laptop on today and the wireless is turned off. I never turn the wireless off. Pressing Fn + F2 brings up the wireless manager but nothing else. I've googled and googled and cannot find a solution for this. How can I get the wireless to turn back on?

1.png

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
Hi tychard, welcome to the forums.

Stuff rarely stops working all by itself, so something has changed. Do you allow Windows to install updates automatically? Have you done any manual updates recently? Have you done any driver updates recently? Have you installed any new software (or updated existing software) recently?

It may simply be that somehow your wireless adapter has been disabled. To enable it again right-click on the network icon in the system bar and click on Open Network And Sharing Center. On the Network and Sharing Center window click on the Change Adapter Settings menu item on the left hand side. On the window that opens showing all your network adapters locate the one for your wifi adapter. If it says Disabled by the side of it that's your problem. In that case right-click on your wifi adapter icon and click on Enable. If it doesn't say Disabled then do nothing because it's already enabled and your problem is somewhere else.

Before starting any more serious problem resolution it would really help if you could figure out what changed very recently.

:)