Wont start

iHush

Hey, so I don't have a clue what's going on here other than maybe some sort of power delivery issue idk. It worked completely fine last night turned it off like normal and it won't start today šŸ™ƒ and the power button won't turn off the computer either

Not Starting
Power button won't turn off computer

Specs

Processor (CPU) AMD Ryzen 5 3600 Six Core CPU (3.6GHz-4.2GHz/36MB CACHE/AM4)

Motherboard ASUSĀ® TUF X570-PLUS GAMING (USB 3.2 Gen 2, PCIe 4.0, CrossFireX) - RGB
Ready!

Memory (RAM) 16GB Corsair VENGEANCE DDR4 3000MHz (2 x 8GB)

Graphics Card 8GB NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 2060 SUPER - HDMI, DP - VR Ready!

1st Storage Drive 256GB PCS 2.5" SSD, SATA 6 Gb (550MB/R, 420MB/W)

2nd Storage Drive 2TB SEAGATE BARRACUDA SATA-III 3.5" HDD, 6GB/s, 7200RPM, 256MB CACHE

Power Supply CORSAIR 650W VS SERIESā„¢ VS-650 POWER SUPPLY

Processor Cooling STANDARD AMD CPU COOLER

Last edited:

B4zookaw

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Try turning off the PSU at the back for 30 secs, then turn back on. Use a screw driver to jump the power button connectors to start it

B4zookaw

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
So if it's not started when touching the jumpers, it's either a dead MB or dead PSU. Check that all cables to MB are fully inserted, 24 pin, CPU power, etc. If they're all connected, I'd lean towards a MB issue

iHush

So if it's not started when touching the jumpers, it's either a dead MB or dead PSU. Check that all cables to MB are fully inserted, 24 pin, CPU power, etc. If they're all connected, I'd lean towards a MB issue
OK thank you, I will check everything a little later as it's almost time for work, I'll post an update when I have it

B4zookaw

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Ok, points towards it not POSTing, so I'd try checking all the connections, see if that makes a difference. Then I'd try removing both the drives, one stick of RAM, and see if that will let you post at least. Try swapping RAM stick and move between the four slots too.

Any LEDS lighting on the motherboard?
1698228122587.png

iHush

Ok, points towards it not POSTing, so I'd try checking all the connections, see if that makes a difference. Then I'd try removing both the drives, one stick of RAM, and see if that will let you post at least. Try swapping RAM stick and move between the four slots too.

Any LEDS lighting on the motherboard? View attachment 39041
No leds lit up

iHush

Any LEDS lighting on the motherboard? View attachment 39041
So I tried that and tried a cmos reset, we got a little bit of progress in that the CPU fan is now spinning and the rear fan is spinning, there was also one point when I only removed a ram stick before anything else, where it worked and beeped once but then immediately and completely shut off the entire system