Working at home monitor setup

Asgar

I was wondering if anyone can assist please? I wish to connect a Microsoft Surface Pro 6 which has a display port adapter and a Microsoft Laptop 1 again which has a DP to a dual screen setup with a single Bluetooth keyboard and mouse and wireless mouse. I want to ideally to be able to switch between the two laptops to view them both on each screen at any one time and to use just one laptop on both screen on another time. Is this possible to do with a docking station and if so which one can anyone suggest? Is itv the case that I need a KVM switch for what I wish to do?

Regards

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I was wondering if anyone can assist please? I wish to connect a Microsoft Surface Pro 6 which has a display port adapter and a Microsoft Laptop 1 again which has a DP to a dual screen setup with a single Bluetooth keyboard and mouse and wireless mouse. I want to ideally to be able to switch between the two laptops to view them both on each screen at any one time and to use just one laptop on both screen on another time. Is this possible to do with a docking station and if so which one can anyone suggest? Is itv the case that I need a KVM switch for what I wish to do?

Regards
Yes, you would need a KVM for this.

Asgar

I have now decided to go another way by not going for a KVM switch but with a docking station. I purchased the Dell D3100 docking station for my set up. I realise that I won't be able to control both my home laptop and work laptop at the same time. However, can anyone advise how I should be connecting my surface arc mouse and bluetooth keyboard to this set up? Should it be connected to the laptop or to the dock? If to the dock, do I need a bluetooth dongle in the dock to give it bluetooth connectivity? When I am connecting both keyboard and mouse to the laptop and using the dock the issue is with waking it up from sleep mode. Also, I feel there is some interference going on between the dock and the wireless mouse/keyboard?

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I have now decided to go another way by not going for a KVM switch but with a docking station. I purchased the Dell D3100 docking station for my set up. I realise that I won't be able to control both my home laptop and work laptop at the same time. However, can anyone advise how I should be connecting my surface arc mouse and bluetooth keyboard to this set up? Should it be connected to the laptop or to the dock? If to the dock, do I need a bluetooth dongle in the dock to give it bluetooth connectivity? When I am connecting both keyboard and mouse to the laptop and using the dock the issue is with waking it up from sleep mode. Also, I feel there is some interference going on between the dock and the wireless mouse/keyboard?
If they're bluetooth then they'll connect direct to the laptop.

Unfortunately as these forums belong to PCS who build custom desktops and laptops we can't really advise further, you may want to check out Tom's Hardware which is an open forum.