Worried about delivery.Help!!

Markola727

Bronze Level Poster
Hello people, i have just ordered my brand new PC and i am worried about delivery :/. I live above a Spar Shop and I'm bothered if ill get my PC because the shop is shutting for refurbishment on the 7th of June for 2 weeks!!. I no its about 3 weeks away but PCS could take up to a month to deliver. Is there anyway i can somehow get in touch with the Courier and tell them to phone me when they reach where i live. I mean if they deliver before the 7th of June I'm fine, its IF its after. Hope you understand what im trying to say lol.

steaky360

I don't know if the courier will phone you when they arrive, but you do get an hour's delivery slot on the day of delivery, so you should know when your PC is going to arrive?

Markola727

Bronze Level Poster
my front door to my flat is well to difficult to find, they would never find it, this is why i have it delivered to shop below me just to make sure i don't miss it.

Markola727

Bronze Level Poster
hmm could do that. just hope i dont miss them. i wish i lived in a simple damn area. :( you think it will take more than 19days to deliver?

steaky360

my front door to my flat is well to difficult to find, they would never find it, this is why i have it delivered to shop below me just to make sure i don't miss it.
I would STRONGLY recommend you get the address changed to your address and NOT the shop. You will be surprised what they can find and PCS will be able to give the courier instructions on how to locate your front door.
hmm could do that. just hope i dont miss them. i wish i lived in a simple damn area. :( you think it will take more than 19days to deliver?
It might take more than 19 days, you could consider the fast track option if you want to get it sooner?

Markola727

Bronze Level Poster
well the thing is my address to my flat is the same as the shop below me. cant do much about that. can i still get fast track delivery even after ordering?

steaky360

Think so, you'd just need to amend your order to include it. Bare in mind depending on what components you have ordered you might not be able to include fast track to the order (if anything is out of stock etc.).

Surely you live at a different number to the shop? Or your flat has a name (Flat above "Spar Shop")?

Rakk

The Awesome
I would STRONGLY recommend you get the address changed to your address and NOT the shop. You will be surprised what they can find and PCS will be able to give the courier instructions on how to locate your front door.
There is a space on the PCS ordering form where you can put delivery directions, for instance on my old address I was at Flat 2 of No 108 of the road, well my building didn't have the number 108 anywhere on it, my door had the number 2 on it and that was it, and also to make things worse my building was on the corner of two roads, so my door wasn't actually on the street of my address (consequently a number of times people knocked on my door looking for number 2 of the road that wasn't actually my address) and the couriers found my door (and an excitable me waiting).

well the thing is my address to my flat is the same as the shop below me. cant do much about that. can i still get fast track delivery even after ordering?

As long as everything is in stock yes

Markola727

Bronze Level Poster
Yeh actually there is a slight difference in the address, the one i'm using is MY address :). What would you put on Delivery Details on my order? i wrote Deliver to Spar shop. I'm a bit stuck. i no 100% they wont find my flat, guess ill have to wait outside for a hour lol.

Boozad

Prolific Poster
Like Rakk said, use the delivery instructions space to let them know how to find your front door. If you're still not confident can't you get it delivered to a relative's address?

steaky360

What would you put on Delivery Details on my order?

I would put directions to your door! (As rakk and Boozad have said too!)

However, Boozad's suggestion of a relative's address is potentially even easier (as long as you have a relative that doesn't mind!).