Worried

Oussebon

Multiverse Poster
You could switch to the GTX 1060 6gb. It's a smidge cheaper, uses less electricity, offers basically the same performance, and hasn't been bought up by bitcoin/ethereum miners causing (global?) shortages...

HerrPete

I considered switching the card but then I'm best emailing to find out if it would have to be ordered too. Could end up waiting longer if it's not actually in stock. 15th Working day so I'm really hoping it arrives on the 10th.

Rakk

The Awesome
I considered switching the card but then I'm best emailing to find out if it would have to be ordered too. Could end up waiting longer if it's not actually in stock. 15th Working day so I'm really hoping it arrives on the 10th.

Do note that phoning them (if you can) will get a much much faster response than email.

Oussebon

Multiverse Poster
The AMD cards are out of stock in a lot of places due to being bought up by miners - I just looked up the RX 580 on two of the biggest UK PC parts and system vendors and it was wall-to-wall "preorder". The Nvidia GPUs aren't as popular with miners and people have been getting systems with them in recently so I sincerely doubt they'd need to be ordered in.

If you phone them for an ETA you can always ask.

TommyBarnez

I'm on 12th working day pre production :( Driving me nuts as ordered on a saturday too so it's been ages!

Haha I have called them though and they have explained they have a backlog they are getting through. Hopefully it will move along soon.

What makes it more difficult is that in the updated lead times it has over 50% of orders dispatched in last 5 days had a 7 day lead time. Makes it look like my order has been forgotten. On the phone the lady said it isn't accurate and may accidently be including the fast track orders too.

I've booked the last two weeks of August off work to 'test' my system so hopefully its here by then :D

HerrPete

Yeah the waiting is really frustrating. Mine is now on the 17th Day of Pre-Production and now my eta on my card has gone from the 3rd to the 7th, to the 10th and now as of this morning the 14th. Requesting stock levels of other graphics cards now as I am not making a switch if the card isn't in stock. Originally ordered on the 17th July so closing in on a month now.

TommyBarnez

More frustration. Yesterday morning was told it was on the build list for that day, tested through the night, and would probably be with me by weekend... Today it has been updated and is now 'due' to be built on monday - 16th day in pre-production. Ordered on 22nd. Trying to be patient but this is quickly turning into a negative experience. Thinking about reducing order to just the machine now taking off the monitor, speakers, keyboard etc.

Rakk

The Awesome
Thinking about reducing order to just the machine now taking off the monitor, speakers, keyboard etc.

The only way changing your order may speed things up would be if they were having stock issues with some of the items and that was what was holding up your order.
If the extras you are considering not getting are not the issue then not getting them wouldn't actually make a blind bit of difference to when your order was going to be built. Unfortunately it may just be that there have been delays for whatever reason so everyone is experiencing said delays :(

TommyBarnez

Yeah I understand it wont make a difference to build time. Had ordered all together as wanted to get everything together and didn't think I would have time to visit a shop etc. I've ordered an IPS Panel which I know are prone to backlight bleed depending on what batch you get it seems to be luck of the draw, going to a store may mean I can test it before leaving to make sure it's not a problem. Same with keyboard and mouse etc as can have a test of them first. Will be a bit of a pain but have the weekend free already for gaming which I now wont be doing :D - Adding the smile as even though I'm pretty grumpy right now I know it's just one of those things :D

Rakk

The Awesome
Yeah I understand it wont make a difference to build time. Had ordered all together as wanted to get everything together and didn't think I would have time to visit a shop etc. I've ordered an IPS Panel which I know are prone to backlight bleed depending on what batch you get it seems to be luck of the draw, going to a store may mean I can test it before leaving to make sure it's not a problem. Same with keyboard and mouse etc as can have a test of them first.

Fair enough, that's probably a good idea if you prefer to have a proper look and test first :)

HerrPete

More frustration. Yesterday morning was told it was on the build list for that day, tested through the night, and would probably be with me by weekend... Today it has been updated and is now 'due' to be built on monday - 16th day in pre-production. Ordered on 22nd. Trying to be patient but this is quickly turning into a negative experience. Thinking about reducing order to just the machine now taking off the monitor, speakers, keyboard etc.

Very much the same feeling. 18th Working day of Pre-Production....I can frankly say my first time experience has been very much a negative experience.

Oussebon

Multiverse Poster
In all fairness the shortage of RX 580s is pretty much worldwide, if that's what's causing the delay.

Though that's not to say that some email updates to you, even just automated ones with a brief explanation of what the cause of the delay was, wouldn't have gone amiss.

HerrPete

Considering that graphics cards are being bought up left right and centre and considering they do not keep all items in stock, they may wish to consider highlighting which products that are not in stock and which ones are.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Considering that graphics cards are being bought up left right and centre and considering they do not keep all items in stock, they may wish to consider highlighting which products that are not in stock and which ones are.

May be worth writing them an email to highlight these things, not to moan, but the more people they hear from with the same feelings will make them do something about it. Communication and stock control are 2 of their biggest let downs, but they are open to feedback.

Oussebon

Multiverse Poster
Not a bad idea.

They do do this to some degree, as many AMD GPUs are listed as Pre-Order Only in the configurator, and to my knowledge have been for some time:
preordernotice.png

Quite why the 8gb RX 580 isn't listed among them is not something I'd care to explain though :S

As Spyder says, worth giving them some feedback on this.

TommyBarnez

Not sure what has caused the delay on my end. I've gone with a Nvidia GTX1080 and when I phoned on working day 10 to check things I asked if there was a specific item holding it up and all was in stock. The biggest frustration has been being told a day the build will start and when the day comes it gets pushed - so its feeling down, then excited, then down again. The staff are great on the phone I just think their information seems to change often so they are unable to give a difinitive build date until it's actually built.

Since my last post mine has actually moved along which I wasn't expecting. Got an email out of the blue saying it has been built so definitely happier it is moving, hopefully will be able to get a saturday delivery if it is ready in time. HerrPete - Hoping you get some movement soon as feeling your pain brother.

On a seperate note how do you give someone 'rep' on here? I see a lot of people saying it but don't know how...

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Not sure what has caused the delay on my end. I've gone with a Nvidia GTX1080 and when I phoned on working day 10 to check things I asked if there was a specific item holding it up and all was in stock. The biggest frustration has been being told a day the build will start and when the day comes it gets pushed - so its feeling down, then excited, then down again. The staff are great on the phone I just think their information seems to change often so they are unable to give a difinitive build date until it's actually built.

Since my last post mine has actually moved along which I wasn't expecting. Got an email out of the blue saying it has been built so definitely happier it is moving, hopefully will be able to get a saturday delivery if it is ready in time. HerrPete - Hoping you get some movement soon as feeling your pain brother.

On a seperate note how do you give someone 'rep' on here? I see a lot of people saying it but don't know how...

Bottom left of post, the star icon. Glad your system is moving along now!

Yardem

Silver Level Poster
Very much the same feeling. 18th Working day of Pre-Production....I can frankly say my first time experience has been very much a negative experience.

Jaysus, that's almost a full calendar month. It's like most of their staff is gone on vacation or something...