Worst Novel Ever.

Encolpius

Silver Level Poster
Hello there.

One thing I like doing in my spare time (which is going for a burton ever since my lovely shiny new compy arrived thanks to the fun stuffs that I've acquired for it) is reading really dire novels so I can take the **** out of them on Everything2 which is a site I've been going on for the past 7 years or so.. I've done about 9 so far, the list of which can be found here:

http://www.everything2.com/node/category/Books+Hazelnut+Read+So+You+Don%27t+Have+To

Would anyone therefore be so kind as to recommend me some suitably dire books that I can deride and add to this list?

Just so you're aware, firstly, yes, Twilight and Bridget Jones' Diary are awaiting a sneering at, and Fifty Shades of Grey I've already done.

Now for your thoughts!

Wolvo7

Bright Spark
I used to read novels when I was a kid then I took some video games and comic books to the knee (sry outdated meme). Now I just read the occasional sci-fi or police novel, and I've yet to read a really bad one.

So if I get this straight your hobby is to read really bad books and then make fun of them? Lol. Try a good book from time to time or you'll alienate yourself from literature in the long run :p

HelBic

Bronze Level Poster
It simly has to be Jonathan Strange & Mr Norrell by Susanna Clarke. I bought it as I'd heard great things about it. I really should stop listening to those people as I found it completely unengaging, dense, lacklustre and totally put downable.

Did I mention I hated it? :)

Encolpius

Silver Level Poster
Oh no, I read good ones as well. But every so often I like to read a total stinker for comedy purposes. Also because I am an aspiring writer and I like to know what not to do.

Also, outdated memes are a lie.

HelBic

Bronze Level Poster
I'll have you know I'm NOT an outdated meme, only my tagline and yes, maybe it IS stretching the truth a tad.

uly21

'The Quest' by Wilbur Smith. Truly awful book. It might not have helped that I hadn't read any of the previous 3 books in the series, but it's still my go-to example of a really terrible book.