Would appreciate some feedback on my build

Seanovaa

Hey all, this will be my second purchase from PCS and I'd like to just get some feedback on my build!

My first purchase was a custom laptop which has served me (and still serves me) very well in my journeys to and from University, but I've been an avid gamer for a long time now and when I sold my Xbox360 a while back, my gaming needs have been solely fulfilled by my laptop! My fun personality and my highly competetive side has gotten me many friends through playing games and I'd like the spread it a little further than just the people I play with.

I've started making videos and doing livestreams of me playing with my friends but I've come to realise that my poor laptop struggles to handle the pressure of streaming a high quality feed and performing the rigmaroles of video editing, I've been an avid fan of photo editing for a while now and my laptop has been able to just hold on. Having an extra monitor would help immensely whilst streaming too! So my conclusion is to grab a desktop for when I'm not travelling to ease up the troubles on my other machine.

Now I have a reasonable budget of about £1500 and I think I've grabbed myself a good few components that will be able to handle the pressure of video editing and playing games such as; League of Legends, CoD:Ghosts, Skyrim, PlanetSide 2, etc, without much difficulty though since this is the first time I've build a desktop, i'm not quite sure. I'm quite uncertain on how loud it will be when running and how long a desktop like this will be good for, if you can give feedback, I'd be very grateful! Here's the build:

Case: COOLERMASTER CM STORM ENFORCER - GAMING ENTHUSIAST CASE
Processor (CPU): Intel® Core™i5 Quad Core Processor i5-4670 (3.4GHz) 6MB Cache
Motherboard: ASUS® Z87-A: ATX, USB3.0, SATA6GB/S, SLi, XFIRE + **FREE GAME**
Memory (RAM): 8GB KINGSTON DUAL-DDR3 1600MHz (1 x 8GB)
Graphics Card: 3GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 780 - 2 DVI, HDMI, DP - 3D Vision Ready
Memory - 1st Hard Disk: 120GB INTEL® 530 SERIES SSD, SATA 6 Gb/s (upto 550MB/sR | 520MB/sW)
2nd Hard Disk: 1TB WD CAVIAR BLACK WD1003FZEX, SATA 6 Gb/s, 64MB CACHE (7200rpm)
1st DVD/BLU-RAY Drive: 24x DUAL LAYER DVD WRITER ±R/±RW/RAM
Memory Card Reader: INTERNAL 52 IN 1 CARD READER (XD, MS, CF, SD, etc) + 1 x USB 2.0 PORT
Power Supply: CORSAIR 650W RM SERIES™ MODULAR 80 PLUS® GOLD, ULTRA QUIET
Processor Cooling: Super Quiet 22dBA Triple Copper Heatpipe Intel CPU Cooler
Sound Card: ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)
Wireless/Wired Networking: 10/100/1000 GIGABIT LAN PORT - AS STANDARD ON ALL PCs
USB Options: MIN. 2 x USB 3.0 & 4 x USB 2.0 PORTS @ BACK PANEL + MIN. 2 FRONT PORTS
Power Cable: 1 x 2 Metre UK Power Cable (Kettle Lead)
Operating System: Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit w/SP1 - inc DVD & Licence
DVD Recovery Media: Windows 7 Home Premium (64-bit) DVD with paper sleeve
Office Software: NO OFFICE SOFTWARE
Anti-Virus: NO ANTI-VIRUS SOFTWARE
Monitor: AOC 21.5" WIDESCREEN LED TFT - 1920 x 1080, 5MS, D-Sub, DVI-D
2nd Monitor: AOC 21.5" WIDESCREEN LED TFT - 1920 x 1080, 5MS, D-Sub, DVI-D
Keyboard & Mouse: CM Storm Quick Fire Rapid Keyboard - Black CHERRY MX Switches
Mouse: CM Storm Inferno Gaming Mouse
Warranty: 3 Year Silver Warranty (1 Year Collect & Return, 1 Year Parts, 3 Year Labour)
Delivery: STANDARD INSURED DELIVERY TO UK MAINLAND (MON-FRI)
Build Time: Standard Build - Approximately 9 to 11 working days

Any feedback will be appreciated, whether reducing the cost on unnecessary components, or reviews on certain parts, or anything! Thank you! :D

Niem

Enthusiast
Looks like a great spec to me, I wouldn't change anything :) only thing I could think of is adding a bigger wattage PSU if you think you'll SLI your GPU in the future.

Seanovaa

Thank you! I'll bear that in mind. I'm also contemplating on what mouse/keyboard to use since I have little knowledge in the field but I don't want to be using a £5 keyboard and mouse after I spend so much on a rig, any advice?

keynes

Multiverse Poster
Thank you! I'll bear that in mind. I'm also contemplating on what mouse/keyboard to use since I have little knowledge in the field but I don't want to be using a £5 keyboard and mouse after I spend so much on a rig, any advice?

Budget?

Seanovaa

I think I'd prefer to put more into the keyboard than the mouse. I was looking at the Logitech G710 mechanical keyboard, anyone have any good keyboard recommendations? I'd like some G-keys for just ease of access with media, game commands, etc. I'm kinda interested in mechanical keyboards but I'm not too knowledgeable about them so any help would be lovely!!! Also... I uhh... I'd like pretty lights :3 I know it's a silly ask but comonnnnn, if you spend lots on a PC and accessories, you want them to be flashy :p