Would i need a sound card for this?

F3AR

Ok, so im thinking of buying 5.1 Surround sound speakers,
Most Deffianatley the logitech x-540
So would i have to get a different sound card, or stick with the bog standard one?

Also, Are the X-540s any good? (and can you find me a page on the connecters)

Ps. Does the HAF-X case come with 2 fans on the top or not?

Teaz

Godlike
No you dont have to get a sound card for the speakers but you can if desired to.

They are good speakers from the many reviews ive seen and have had some experience from it before and are good from what i hear and see.

use this to look at it. May help as it has pics of the connections aswell. Just click on Closer Look at the bottom of the page to see it closer.

As for the fans i think it does come with 2 fans on top which are 200mm i believe.

Anyone with the case correct me if im wrong.

Last edited:

samx300

Enthusiast
I agree with Fear, HAF X only comes with 1 x 200mm at the top. I got the top fan replaced by a CM Megaflow and added another one :) So I now have 2 glowing RED 200mm fans at the top of my case.
In case any of you are interested in a couple of spare CM stock 200mm fans (NON-LED), let me know. I will only charge you postage and I'd be more than happy to ship em your way. They serve me no purpose right now anyways.

Cheers

samx300

Enthusiast
Also, if you've got limited budget, the X-540's are a good pair. I'd still recommend the Z906's for some THX Certified goodness! ^_^

petrow

Gold Level Poster
I have X540s speakers. They are okay but I would personally spring for the next ones up. I'm getting rid of them when I get my next pay packet.

Last edited: