Would like to play Warhammer 3 (Total War) on the highest resolution

DavidShaw65

Can these specs be improved any further?

Case
PCS PRISM-X ARGB MID TOWER CASE
Processor (CPU)
Intel® Core™ i9 16-Core Processor i9-12900K (3.2GHz) 30MB Cache
Motherboard
ASUS® ROG MAXIMUS Z690 HERO WIFI (LGA1700, USB 3.2, PCIe 5.0) - ARGB Ready
Memory (RAM)
32GB Corsair DOMINATOR PLATINUM DDR5 5600MHz (2 x 16GB)
Graphics Card
24GB ASUS ROG STRIX GEFORCE RTX 3090 - HDMI, DP
1st M.2 SSD Drive
2TB SEAGATE FIRECUDA 530 GEN 4 PCIe NVMe (up to 7300MB/R, 6900MB/W)
Power Supply
CORSAIR 850W RMx SERIES™ MODULAR 80 PLUS® GOLD, ULTRA QUIET
Power Cable
1 x 1.5 Metre UK Power Cable (Kettle Lead)
Processor Cooling
Corsair H150i ELITE CAPELLIX RGB Hydro Series High Performance CPU Cooler
Thermal Paste
ARCTIC MX-4 EXTREME THERMAL CONDUCTIVITY COMPOUND

DarTon

If you are discussing TW:WH3 at 4K then nothing will currently run that at 60fps at Ultra presents. TW3 still has big issues with DX12 and the engine is archaic so it's a bit like pushing on string when it comes to getting the frame rate up. The 3090 and 3080 Ti will give you about 55 fps. Of course playing at Ultra is pretty silly, and going down to High will generate a 30-40% increase in fps. A few more tweaks and you can generate another 10-20% increase and not even notice the difference.

My feeling is that the PC you've specced is very poor value. The 12900K will add little or nothing over the 12700K since it only has additional E cores and those aren't used by most games right now. The 3090 offers nothing really over a 3080 Ti (or even a 3080 really) and choosing the Asus variant increases the cost massively for a couple of fps. DDR5 is in the same category: more money for little or no performance.

I'd also say the case is really weak for a 12900K furnace and you probably want a 1000W PSU.

DavidShaw65

I'm pushing everything as far as it will go, I'm not trying to create an optimised approach between cost and performance.

The "Intel® Core™ i9 16-Core Processor i9-12900KF (3.2GHz) 30MB Cache" appears to out perform anything else as it can push up to 5.8+GHz

The Nvidia Graphics cards are currently unstable, they will be fixed soon and according to the testing 3090 obviously performs better.

The amount of DDR is not as important as the quality so again that will be the best performing DDR.

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
I'm pushing everything as far as it will go, I'm not trying to create an optimised approach between cost and performance.
I think you might be missing the point in that you’re going to be spending a lot of unnecessary money on components that you will likely never make full use of.

If you want to proceed, by all means go crazy, it’s your money. But you could spend around a grand less and get a system that would essentially perform exactly the same. The money that you save now could be used to upgrade the build over the coming years.

DavidShaw65

I came on here to ask how to get a better frame rate, I mean cheers for the financial counselling but that's not what I'm after.