Would you change anything?

V.rip

Just trying to get some last min feedback on this build? any input at all is welcome :yes:

COOLERMASTER HAF-X FULL TOWER GAMING CASE

Intel® Core™i7 Six Core Processor i7-3930K (3.2GHz) 12MB Cache

ASUS® P9X79 PRO: INTEL® SOCKET LG2011

8GB KINGSTON HYPER-X GENESIS DUAL-DDR3 1600MHz, X.M.P (2 x 4GB KIT)

3GB AMD RADEON™ HD7970 - DVI,HDMI,2 mDP - DX® 11, Eyefinity 4 Capable

240GB INTEL® 520 SERIES SSD, SATA 6 Gb/s (upto 550MB/sR | 520MB/sW)

2TB WD CAVIAR BLACK WD2002FAEX, SATA 6 Gb/s, 64MB CACHE (7200rpm)

CORSAIR 750W ENTHUSIAST SERIES™ TX750 V2-80 PLUS® BRONZE (£87)

TITAN FENRIR EVO EXTREME HEATPIPE CPU COOLER

mantadog

Superhero Level Poster
That spec will sail through just about anything, though i would say if you only plan to watch youtube and use MS Office you could probably afford to cut it down a little ;)

Though i presume you intend to game, and if so then you have a nice build, you could get away with an i7 2600 if your just gaming and not video editing or anything.

V.rip

That spec will sail through just about anything, though i would say if you only plan to watch youtube and use MS Office you could probably afford to cut it down a little ;)

Though i presume you intend to game, and if so then you have a nice build, you could get away with an i7 2600 if your just gaming and not video editing or anything.

Pretty much looking for something that can and will play anything on max settings for a good while. sick of using this laptop that cant play anything :(. Sick of the 10 year olds on xbl also -_-

mantadog

Superhero Level Poster
well in that case, what about a GTX 680, it is better than a 7970 and slightly cheaper. The 680 is ahead on most games so i would get that unless your loyal to AMD or have any other reason for your choice.

V.rip

well in that case, what about a GTX 680, it is better than a 7970 and slightly cheaper. The 680 is ahead on most games so i would get that unless your loyal to AMD or have any other reason for your choice.

hmm i'm not loyal to amd, is it much better than a 7970? i must do some research ;)

V.rip

I just posted a link to some benchmarks earlier and it is significantly faster and it's slightly cheaper. You can't really loose on that.

Here is a good few benchmarks to read through, it's different to what i posted earlier but the same idea.

http://www.hardwareheaven.com/revie...dition-graphics-card-review-introduction.html

Since i replied last time i have been looking at reviews and i would just like to say thanks for telling me about the 680 ;) it does indeed look better :) and 50quid cheaper, can't complain :D

mantadog

Superhero Level Poster
Yeah, you can't ask for more really, faster and cheaper. Always a winner in my books.

AwesomeDude

Bronze Level Poster
I suggest getting an x79 system or waiting for Ivy bride over sandy bride especially with that Kind of budget! :tank:

Something Like this Perhaps?

Case
COOLERMASTER CM STORM TROOPER - GAMING ENTHUSIAST CASE

Processor (CPU)
Intel® Core™i7 Quad Core Processor i7-3820 (3.6GHz) 10MB Cache

Motherboard
ASUS® SABERTOOTH X79: SOCKET 2011, R.O.G

Memory (RAM)
8GB KINGSTON HYPER-X GENESIS DUAL-DDR3 1600MHz, X.M.P (2 x 4GB KIT)

Graphics Card
2GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 680 - 2 DVI, HDMI, DP - 3D Vision Ready

Memory - 1st Hard Disk
120GB KINGSTON HYPERX SSD, SATA 6 Gb/s (upto 555MB/sR | 510MB/sW)

2nd Hard Disk
1TB WD CAVIAR BLACK WD1002FAEX, SATA 6 Gb/s, 64MB CACHE (7200rpm)

1st DVD/BLU-RAY Drive
24x DUAL LAYER DVD WRITER ±R/±RW/RAM

Power Supply
CORSAIR 850W ENTHUSIAST SERIES™ TX850 V2-80 PLUS® BRONZE (£99)

Processor Cooling
SUPER QUIET 22dBA TRIPLE COPPER HEATPIPE INTEL CPU COOLER (£19)

Sound Card
ONBOARD 8 CHANNEL (7.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)

Network Facilities
10/100/1000 GIGABIT LAN PORT - AS STANDARD ON ALL PCs

USB Options
6 x USB 2.0 PORTS @ BACK PANEL (MIN 2 FRONT PORTS) AS STANDARD

Operating System
Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit - inc DVD & Licence (£79)

Office Software
FREE Microsoft® Office Starter 2010 (Limited functionality Word & Excel)

Anti-Virus
BULLGUARD INTERNET SECURITY - FREE 90 DAY TRIAL

Warranty
3 Year Standard Warranty (1 Month Collect & Return, 1 Year Parts, 3 Year Labour)

Delivery
STANDARD INSURED DELIVERY TO UK MAINLAND (MON-FRI)

Build Time
Standard Build - Approximately 10 to 12 working days
Quantity 1

it Will be Beastly In Many Years to come And with a Nice 850w Psu for future Upgrades :)