WWE 2K22

AccidentalDenz

Lord of Steam
I've played the WWE games on and off over the years as some of them have been pretty good, and some have been absolutely dire. WWE 2K20 was pretty much an abomination with many admittedly hilarious graphical errors with the rings falling apart at will, wrestlers becoming trapped inside railings and all sorts of other shenanigans. 2K ended up not releasing a game in the series last year because of the previous year's game being so bad.

I really enjoyed WWE 2K19 and so was considering having a look at 2K22, but I don't think I will be purchasing. Not only are there 3 versions of the game (the base version is a reasonable price for a game these days to be fair) costing between £49.99 and £104.99, there's a new MyFACTION mode which talks about weekly events and also seems to have cards that are available for purchase seperately, as well as being in the more expensive versions. Looks to me like they're ripping off Ultimate Team from EA's FIFA & Madden series.

As someone who jumps from game to game at will, any game mechanics that are trying to suck me into playing particular games indefinitely and penalise me for not playing them regularly are a hard nope. Microtransactions are also a nope for me!

Still, there's an AEW game due out this year which will hopefully be better!

D

Deleted member 41971

I've played the WWE games on and off over the years as some of them have been pretty good, and some have been absolutely dire. WWE 2K20 was pretty much an abomination with many admittedly hilarious graphical errors with the rings falling apart at will, wrestlers becoming trapped inside railings and all sorts of other shenanigans. 2K ended up not releasing a game in the series last year because of the previous year's game being so bad.

I really enjoyed WWE 2K19 and so was considering having a look at 2K22, but I don't think I will be purchasing. Not only are there 3 versions of the game (the base version is a reasonable price for a game these days to be fair) costing between £49.99 and £104.99, there's a new MyFACTION mode which talks about weekly events and also seems to have cards that are available for purchase seperately, as well as being in the more expensive versions. Looks to me like they're ripping off Ultimate Team from EA's FIFA & Madden series.

As someone who jumps from game to game at will, any game mechanics that are trying to suck me into playing particular games indefinitely and penalise me for not playing them regularly are a hard nope. Microtransactions are also a nope for me!

Still, there's an AEW game due out this year which will hopefully be better!

the only reason I bought 2k 20 was at the time I bought it i think last year it was on sale for £12 for the deluxe version on steam, which despite the crashes and bugs I enjoyed it at that base price, my career mode on 2k 20 was diabolical really and some of the dialogue was soo bad. :ROFLMAO:

I am wary of 2k 22 as it feels like a microtransaction fest, hope I am wrong but until it comes out, this is what i suspect unless the deluxe is bought and not for £85 quid I won't be :LOL:.

AEW video game is something to look forward to, yukes developing it and I hope its an arcade knock about fun, 2k wwe games have become complicated with the control system and it would be fun just to have a wrestling game that was fun and easy to play instead of frustrating;.

this vid compares the early released footage of both wwe and AEW video games,

Last edited by a moderator: