"x" xbox

Angelmaker30

Bronze Level Poster
OK guys this is just for my feel good factor whlst I wait for my new Vortex 3 monster to arrive. I used to be an avid PC gamer (10-12 years ago). Since then I went back to console, mainly as I had no space for a desk top and laptops at the time were not really up to decent gaming.

I would love to read the top 5 things to expect/enjoy from my new beast when compared to say XBOX 360 or PS3 and also your must have PC games.

Many thanks in advance.

Corfate

Author Level
Probably the stunning graphics not being capped at 30 fps, gaming on the go, a lovely community ;)

Viper

Gold Level Poster
for me its the multiplayer , not half as many screaming whinging little kids on the PC, cant begin to explain how much this bores me haha ;)

EDIT: games worth a go, metro 2033 , Diablo 3 and guildwars 2 if your in to your RPGS, to name a few :p

Jiyuu

Silver Level Poster
The main draw for me is all the awesome community created mods you get to experience.

Adli

Enthusiast
Mods
Better graphics (even on low)
Framerate not capped at 30 FPS
STEAM (seriously, i have no idea how i could ever go back to Xbox after using steam)
a lot of great exclusives (consoles have exclusives too, but there are some great PC exclusives)
precise mouse control (**** joysticks)
console commands = hilarity,and being able to fix a lot of bugs yourself by changing the state of quests, resurrecting dead NPCs, etc.
true 1080... its beautiful!!!!

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
Mods, graphics, keyboard and mouse, ability to play older games (mafia 1 max payne etc), steam sales (id recommend joining steam now and keeping an eye on the great deals ready for wnen you get your lappy

BF3 is one of the best PC games imo, as well as skyrim

Jiyuu

Silver Level Poster
Is the xbox really limited to 30fps? I remember watching an interview with a COD developer and they were saying something along the lines of "Ensuring our games run at 60FPS is vital to the players experience".

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
Is the xbox really limited to 30fps? I remember watching an interview with a COD developer and they were saying something along the lines of "Ensuring our games run at 60FPS is vital to the players experience".

It depends on the game, some developers choose 30 some choose 60, 30 fps games usually have better graphics ie bf3 compared to CoD

Angelmaker30

Bronze Level Poster
Thaks for all the feedback guys. Now I am going totally mad waiting!!. @ Aldi - Steam sign up all present and correct sir.

Adli

Enthusiast
Thaks for all the feedback guys. Now I am going totally mad waiting!!. @ Aldi - Steam sign up all present and correct sir.

very good. you can buy games before your laptop arrives, and download them when it does if you see a great deal. keep an eye on those sales if you have a game list you want :D

GarionV

I'd planned to hold off on any new games till I'd paid off the laptop (which arrives tomorrow) as I've got tonnes of old games I want to play again, but with all these tempting offers on Steam I'm struggling to resist...