xbox 360 vs PC gaming,

tom_gr7

Life Serving
just found this, thought it was quite interesting...

[video=youtube;ocVyrtcTpHw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ocVyrtcTpHw&feature=player_detailpage[/video]

KinyuOne

As that first comment said, this is a tottaly unfair comparison. It's obvious that any real GAMING PC is better than any videogame console.

steaky360

I'm still trying to wrap my head around all of the subtle (and more glaringly obvious) differences between PC versions and console versions of the same game. Sure some of them seem very close to one another (typically console ports) but I recently acquired Supreme Commander 1 for the PC (I've had it for the 360 for a while now) and the differences are astounding! PC version looks, and plays much better. I would say the comparisons between the two of them are greater than in this video demonstration.

Still not going to give up on the old console just yet though.

rickne

Master Poster
There are some times when you just wanna veg out on the couch and play some Fifa football or streetfighter.

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
It can be nice to not have a loud whurring when playing some games, although thats probably because i currently have nowhere to put it other than on my desk at about 20cm from my ear :p

tom_gr7

Life Serving
Obvious, and yet still delightfully wonderful :)

I agree ded,

lol, who cares if its "not a fair test", what in life is a fair test?

I think he's made it to compare the two "gaming platforms" with added comedy value :)

Sure you can veg out on the sofa using ya pc, just get a controller? then you can veg out with better graphics with a better community... :)

Deklore

Bright Spark
Meh, I still much prefer playing games on my PlayStation then on my PC.

I used to as well. but then Diablo 3, now Guild Wars 2 and in future X-Com has all meant that my PS3 has now been idle all summer and will probably do so for the rest of the year.

Karnor00

Bright Spark
When my xbox360 broke down (after 4 years) it cost me £99 to get a second hand replacement. A well specced gaming PC costs considerably more...

Also I like split screen co-op games for the xbox which I play with a friend. PC gaming just doesn't really have any of those.

DeadEyeDuk

Superhero Level Poster
When my xbox360 broke down (after 4 years) it cost me £99 to get a second hand replacement. A well specced gaming PC costs considerably more...

Also I like split screen co-op games for the xbox which I play with a friend. PC gaming just doesn't really have any of those.

Xbox break, you have to buy a whole Xbox.

PC breaks, just replace the broken component. And if you are suggesting that a second hand Xbox is a possibility (no idea why you would do that like), but 2nd hand PC parts are not going to be out of sight cost wise.

Split screen co op games are the realm of the console and always will be, don't think anyone can/would dispute that. But two of you on laptops or even desktops online is pretty much the same thing...with the added bonus that you be a sneak get without them seeing what you are doing :D (ok, so not very coop, but still fun)

Kai121

Bronze Level Poster
Was anyone else hoping he would accidentally cause a static discharge inside the PC and fry it for comedy value?

BestUsername

Bronze Level Poster
Xbox break, you have to buy a whole Xbox.

PC breaks, just replace the broken component. And if you are suggesting that a second hand Xbox is a possibility (no idea why you would do that like), but 2nd hand PC parts are not going to be out of sight cost wise.

Split screen co op games are the realm of the console and always will be, don't think anyone can/would dispute that. But two of you on laptops or even desktops online is pretty much the same thing...with the added bonus that you be a sneak get without them seeing what you are doing :D (ok, so not very coop, but still fun)

Gonna have to disagree somewhat. When my old PC went it was because of the mobo. That is a little over 100 quid to replace. It also took the HDD with it, though, so there's another 100ish. Replaced those two components and kept getting BSOD's. Turned out the GPU couldn't deal with the emotional loss of its former friends, so it slit its throat. One of the RAM modules also hung itself due to the emotional rollercoaster.

So I sent back the mobo and HDD and I decided to buy a whole new one here. This time, however, I got myself a 19 century warranty, which also covers my contracting any STI's as well as any strokes I may suffer.

Having said that, about the split-screen thing...I played my brother on COD MW3 and he kept seeing where I was and killing me. I'd never played the game before so he knew all the maps etc.

Perhaps its a generational thing? I can't really do the console thing anymore as I, a) have no friends and b) am too old to be within galaxy travel distance of them anymore.

Back in the day I loved split-screen Mario Kart or Nightfire. I still wish they'd make a new Nightfire game for PC...Then I'd capture all your flags. Then burn them and talk about the rapture.

Keedar

Expert
I sold all my consoles some time ago and i got new pc.I am happy what i done.Consoles at the moment are sh*t. Bf3 its a joke with missing sound and other issues.Skyrim? Joke. I can say many bad things about consoles but i dont want to start any war here :) In my opinion pc gaming is much better than console gaming and yeah i forgot about little raging kids.

Jiyuu

Silver Level Poster
I can't even face loading up my xbox anymore. The interface is insanely slow and the metro design on top of the ads and crappy apps make it stupidly hard to find any actual game content.

cheshirecat765

Bronze Level Poster
Since i've purchased my Vortex III i've not played my Xbox 360 once...considering whether to sell or not but i enjoy having it for exclusives and also gaming with friends as none game on PC!

cheshirecat765

Bronze Level Poster
Yeah im the same with my Vortex 2 but keeping it incase i fancy a bit of Halo 4

Exactly! I'm no fanboy though and i enjoy gaming on both..they both have their advantages and disadvantages. Just that i'm very new to PC gaming and have been getting stuck into it..no point paying good money for a laptop and not using it!