Xbox game app on desktop

GrimReaper16

Hi I tried downloading the xbox game app but not having luck at all. I've had friends trying to help me reset and repair the store along with othe technical solutions but still nothing. The problem with the app store is there other apps that are trying to download at the same time but don't finish their progress and will stay on pending. Is there any other ideas I could do or would factory resetting need to be considered. I really hope someone might be able to help as I'm losing my mind trying to sort this out

Attachments

• store.png
    store.png
    31.7 KB · Views: 56

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Hi I tried downloading the xbox game app but not having luck at all. I've had friends trying to help me reset and repair the store along with othe technical solutions but still nothing. The problem with the app store is there other apps that are trying to download at the same time but don't finish their progress and will stay on pending. Is there any other ideas I could do or would factory resetting need to be considered. I really hope someone might be able to help as I'm losing my mind trying to sort this out
This is quite common, with how quick a clean install is these days that's often the easiest solution rather than troubleshooting

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
There are some common fixes for a stuck Microsoft Store...
  • If you use a VPN, disconnect it when you access the store
  • Check your date and time settings, the store is fussy about these.
  • In the Run command box, enter the command wsreset. This will clear the store cache and reset the store.
  • Using File Explorer navigate to the folder C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution, select all files and folders and delete them. (This is a temporary store for Microsoft Store and other app downloads).
  • Go to Settings > Update & Security > Troubleshoot > Additional Troubleshooters > Windows Store Apps, and run that troubleshooter.
  • Open an elevated command prompt and run the command sfc /scannow, then reboot if errors were found and fixed.
See whether any (or all) of those can unstick the store.

GrimReaper16

Hey thank you for reply, I factory resetted the pc in the end as I had already tried those solutions yesterday and nothing was working
There are some common fixes for a stuck Microsoft Store...
  • If you use a VPN, disconnect it when you access the store
  • Check your date and time settings, the store is fussy about these.
  • In the Run command box, enter the command wsreset. This will clear the store cache and reset the store.
  • Using File Explorer navigate to the folder C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution, select all files and folders and delete them. (This is a temporary store for Microsoft Store and other app downloads).
  • Go to Settings > Update & Security > Troubleshoot > Additional Troubleshooters > Windows Store Apps, and run that troubleshooter.
  • Open an elevated command prompt and run the command sfc /scannow, then reboot if errors were found and fixed.
See whether any (or all) of those can unstick the store.