Xbox Prob

liamnic2

Super Star
yo guys

I know its not PC related but I contacted xbox, been all over the web, and still cant solve my problem. I ran out of gold membership on my xbox slim so I am playing any game that I can waste time on until I buy my PC. I started playing TC's endwar and Im mad for it now. I keep getting this problem where the screen will freeze during a battle, but the sound will keep going. Instead of having to restart the whole xbox to get back to dashboard I can just eject the game. It only happens in a battle. I can sit at the world map for an 1-2 hours and it wont freeze. I even installed the game to the xbox and it still does it. Do you think its the xbox causing this or the game has a bad scratch somewhere ? I can get another copy for £5 anyway.

liamnic2

Super Star
Is the xbox hot? I use mine a glossy dvd player and even that gets hot!

It is hot but I play future soldier for a few hours, no prob. Then I go on endwar, it freezes at random. My xbox does get hot like others after being on for a few hours but I keep it on for ages and it works like new but it only freezes on endwar. I have left for 20mins and it still has not changed. But if I eject the disc it returns to dashboard and works fine.

SmokeDarKnight

Author Level
Do you have the game installed at all?

I have a COD disc with a crack across it which wont run off the disc but if i install it and have the disc in the machine it works fine.

If you put the disc in the machine open the game without running it, think you press Y if i remember correctly then install it to the HD it may solve your problem.

Hope this helps

liamnic2

Super Star
Do you have the game installed at all?

I have a COD disc with a crack across it which wont run off the disc but if i install it and have the disc in the machine it works fine.

If you put the disc in the machine open the game without running it, think you press Y if i remember correctly then install it to the HD it may solve your problem.

Hope this helps

I installed it last and it still does it.

SmokeDarKnight

Author Level
Hmm, if it does it with the game installed it might be a console problem as the disc wont be running.

Though if it manages Future Soldier it should handle end war.

OH one other thing is to go into your hard drive management and make sure there are no Yellow Triangles that usually correspond to corrupt files or bad downloads. If you delete any of them that may be another solution. Search Games and other downloads, think there might be a delete segestion option.

Sorry i cant be more help than that

liamnic2

Super Star
Hmm, if it does it with the game installed it might be a console problem as the disc wont be running.

Though if it manages Future Soldier it should handle end war.

OH one other thing is to go into your hard drive management and make sure there are no Yellow Triangles that usually correspond to corrupt files or bad downloads. If you delete any of them that may be another solution. Search Games and other downloads, think there might be a delete segestion option.

Sorry i cant be more help than that

Does the game auto-run for the xbox ? Or do I need to tell it run from the installed version. I remember there being a way to do that on the older dashboard but now it just says run game.

SmokeDarKnight

Author Level
No it should auto run from the Hard Drive unless there was a problem when it installed then it would still run from the disc perhaps but thats unlikely.