XCOM Enemy Unknown

HelBic

Bronze Level Poster
Sorry DM hadn't noticed this when I put my post up - I can't wait for this as I was hooked on the XCom series first time around!

Pete

Bright Spark
I tried to resist but ended up installing the demo last night. five and half odd gig for two missions seems a bit ott.

I thought it was good, will buy when it comes down in price a bit.

mishra

Rising Star
Yup, me too :) Already pre-ordered through steam, just waiting for Friday now :D It is going to be a quality game!

mishra

Rising Star
Looking very nice indeed :)
I was impressed by Starcraft 2 after so much of waiting, now we gonna have xcom which is looking very good so far :D Couldn't ask for more... really.

I also like the fact that turn-based games are coming back to our computers.

edit.. only 2 days now, and we can enjoy xcom! Silly rednecks can already play it, grrrr I waaaaaant to play it too!

Kalisnoir

Super Star
Looking very nice indeed :)
I was impressed by Starcraft 2 after so much of waiting, now we gonna have xcom which is looking very good so far :D Couldn't ask for more... really.

I also like the fact that turn-based games are coming back to our computers.

edit.. only 2 days now, and we can enjoy xcom! Silly rednecks can already play it, grrrr I waaaaaant to play it too!

I know same, currently downloading the game via torrent to play until Friday so I can play it after work. Anyone who wants to start a discussion about this can literally .... off (not naming anyone in particular), I already pre-ordered it on Steam, given that I own a legal license for it I am not breaking any laws provided I don't upload it so just sit down, be quiet and get on with your day! (Had to rant that out because I know someone will pipe up, shouting rubbish.)

pr1s0ner

I know same, currently downloading the game via torrent to play until Friday so I can play it after work. Anyone who wants to start a discussion about this can literally .... off (not naming anyone in particular), I already pre-ordered it on Steam, given that I own a legal license for it I am not breaking any laws provided I don't upload it so just sit down, be quiet and get on with your day! (Had to rant that out because I know someone will pipe up, shouting rubbish.)

[rollinglaugh] hahaha

rickne

Master Poster

Guilty guilty Conscience much? lol

Kalisnoir

Super Star
Guilty guilty Conscience much? lol

I know your just joking but lets not high-jack the thread with ANOTHER discussion about this topic but I don't deny downloading games to try before I buy. If I can test drive an £80,000 car before I decide if I want to buy it, why can't I test drive a £30 digital game, that is only worth as much as people are willing to pay for it (hence why Russian keys are cheaper btw.) If I enjoy the game I'll buy it (I have a large collection of licensed games for a reason.)

TL;DR, I own the game already, I try before I buy, I buy if I enjoy, if you object go and carry on crying your self to sleep at night :tt2:

Last edited:

Kalisnoir

Super Star
So just to add to your anticipation..... it... is... amazing... I'm playing on Normal - Ironman mode meaning that I can't revert to a previous save if the black-current hits the fan. My first game resulted in losing atleast 1 soldier a mission till I got absolutely wiped out and decided I would start a new game and use the knowledge I gained from my ignorance in the first game; a few hours in an it has gone much more successful (although I have lost 6/7 men, most are due to them panicking and getting blown up by a car -.-

mishra

Rising Star
oooo time ticks away and only one more day to go... We will show those pesky aliens where they belong to! I saw some videos on youtube showing all the carnage you can cause inside the game... it looks simply stunning.

Kalisnoir

Super Star
Well, 3rd game lucky I guess, would seem I still didn't learn from my first mistakes in terms of research and outfitting, just in time for actual release as well.

3qxhc0.jpg

Game on!

mishra

Rising Star
Game is AMAZINGGG!!!!! I've played Fri evening, Saturday evening, and Sunday from 11am till 2am on Monday! Couldn't stop. I am so happy finally there is a turn based game one can really enjoy.
On top of that xcom is rather on the difficult side of things... it's not easy. Which is great! Another quality game. Well invested £29.99! Can't wait to go back home from work... there are aliens to kill!

ps. armor with grappling wire ala Batman is very nice for a sniper!

What kind of squads you guys running with?
My setup is 2-3 support - as it's the best class in game (IMHO) due to additional carry slot.
1 sniper
1-2 assaults
1-2 heavy's

Last edited: