Xp and Windows 7 are "sorta the same so you should be ale to play this..."

darksider

Bronze Level Poster
Oh. My. God.

So, on my way home from work today, I though, hey my nearly here PC is going to have Windows 7, which means i can finally play Just Cause 2 (which needs Vista or W7) with some mods (i bought the PS3 version when it first came out).

Took it to the counter at my local store and the hot (but NEW) girl there smiles at me and say, "have you checked your specs for this game?"

I reply, "Yeah, i've finally going to have a machine that can run it since i'm still on XP."

She smiles again and says, with complete seriousness. "Oh. Well, Windows 7 is pretty similar to XP so you should have been able to play this."

i nearly cried.

LFFPicard

Godlike
Was she blonde?

j/k

Just cause 2 would not have been able to run on XP as XP does not support DirectX 10 or 11, Just Cause 2 requires DirectX 10 to play. This is why Vista and Win7 are the only O/S able to play it.

As a side note, i don't believe she was hot as you have provided no photo evidence :D

Al.Neri

Super Star
I tend to take any advice that wasn't asked for from games store staff with a pinch of salt, sometimes I think that line of work in only one step up from working the drive through at mcdonalds.

JakAttack

Resident Metalhead
Staff member
I get really good help in these shops, I just wear my trenchcoat and my hat and a member of staff follows you around the shop!

MickyG

Enthusiast
A few times I've actually given gaming advice to the people who work in the game shops, even helped out some customers when the person behind the counter didn't have a clue. Just goes to show you don't need relevant qualifications/skills for some jobs....but still, if she was hot, let her off as Gorman says :D

G