Y60 + 4090

ussjtrunks

I’m thinking of getting a y60 with a 4090 it seems pcspecilist only has the asus tuf 4090 will that have enough room to breathe, I wanted to get a founders edition 4090 but it doesn’t seem like PCS can aquire it

TonyCarter

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
PCS will only have the lucky dip selection of OEM versions by Palit, Zotac, Gigabyte and Gainward...or the pointlessly expensive ASUS 4090 that you've seen.

If you specifically want the 4090FE, then you'll have to buy it yourself and fit it...but you'll have to ensure it fits...especially with the limited room for airflow with being mounted vertically and so close to the side panel...and it being a triple-slot card (albeit one of the smaller ones at 61mm thick).

However, I'm not sure whether Nvidia are releasing any more 4090FE.

ussjtrunks

Why can’t you select which 4090 you want in the config? You can select asus but the other cards aren’t listed

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Why can’t you select which 4090 you want in the config? You can select asus but the other cards aren’t listed
The normal selection is a random card from whatever stocks they currently supply. Asus cards have a huge tax on top which is why they're listed separately.

If you want a specific card you can source it yourself and order without a card.