Yay all ordered :))

Starry

Bronze Level Poster
So today has been the day my new PC is ordered. So excited :D
I managed to get fast track 5 day too :)) But because I picked that I didn't have enough in the account I was going to use so dad stepped up to be my hero and ordered it for me :) Below is the PC I ordered with help from Corfate, Narcotics and Rakk. Big big hugs to them :tt1:

CORSAIR CARBIDE SERIES™ 500R WHITE MID TOWER CASE
Processor (CPU)
Intel® Core™i7 Quad Core Processor i7-3770 (3.4GHz) 8MB Cache
Motherboard
ASUS® P8Z77-V: PCI-E 3.0 READY, WIFI, SLI, CROSSFIREX
Memory (RAM)
8GB KINGSTON HYPER-X GENESIS DUAL-DDR3 1600MHz, X.M.P (2 x 4GB KIT)
Graphics Card
2GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 680 - 2 DVI, HDMI, DP - 3D Vision Ready
Memory - 1st Hard Disk
120GB INTEL® 520 SERIES SSD, SATA 6 Gb/s (upto 550MB/sR | 520MB/sW)
2nd Hard Disk
750GB WD CAVIAR BLACK WD7502AAEX, SATA 6 Gb/s, 64MB CACHE (7200rpm)
1st DVD/BLU-RAY Drive
24x DUAL LAYER DVD WRITER ±R/±RW/RAM
Power Supply
CORSAIR 850W ENTHUSIAST SERIES™ TX850 V2-80 PLUS® BRONZE (£99)
Processor Cooling
SPIRE THERMAX ECLIPSE II UNIVERSAL DT EXTREME CPU COOLER (£39)
Sound Card
ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)
Network Facilities
10/100/1000 GIGABIT LAN PORT - AS STANDARD ON ALL PCs
USB Options
6 x USB 2.0 PORTS @ BACK PANEL (MIN 2 FRONT PORTS) AS STANDARD
Operating System
Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit - inc DVD & Licence (£79)
Office Software
FREE Microsoft® Office Starter 2010 (Limited functionality Word & Excel)
Anti-Virus
NO ANTI-VIRUS SOFTWARE
DVI-D & HDMI Monitor Cables
1 x 2 METRE GOLD PLATED V1.4 HDMI CABLE (£8)
Warranty
3 Year Silver Warranty (1 Year Collect & Return, 1 Year Parts, 3 Year Labour) (£5)
Delivery
STANDARD INSURED DELIVERY TO UK MAINLAND (MON-FRI)
Build Time
FAST TRACK 5 WORKING DAY DISPATCH (£39)
Quantity

Price: £1,548.00 including VAT and delivery.

tom_gr7

Life Serving
that looks fantastic! :)

The only way i think you could better it, (although its perfect as it is) would be to get the hx1050 modular psu, it allows you to remove the extra cables that are not used, for extra airflow and cable management. Note - this is not 100% needed.

Starry

Bronze Level Poster
Thanks :) I was considering that 1 but the price increase was by quite a bit for a wattage I know I wouldn't use, if only it came in 850w I would of got that :)

Starry

Bronze Level Poster
Thank you all :) This week I will do the boring task of sorting out my files such as templates, textures and my precious pictures. Then when my new comp comes I can put my Acer Predator in the corner where it can't be seen so well, odd looking thing that is, lol

Starry

Bronze Level Poster
Starry takes a deep breath from her inhaler. Oh my gah 'Your Order is Awaiting Dispatch' :tt1:

Starry

Bronze Level Poster
Thank you :) Yeah went for the GTX 670,changed the PSU to the HX750 and added a monitor :)) Woot woot

Starry

Bronze Level Poster
Thank you :) Just checked the tracking for first time and its in Transit, hopefully with lots of bright sparkly balloons trailing from the back end :clown:

Rakk

The Awesome
hopefully with lots of bright sparkly balloons trailing from the back end :clown:
I don't suggest holding your breath waiting for that :):):)

But it should be with you tomorrow, hopefully earlier rather than later :)
It looks like a very nice machine.

Starry

Bronze Level Poster
I have my new shiny PC :)

Hello :)

Today at 2.45pm I received my new PC. The morning went so slow, I just sat on the sofa not wanting to do anything.

After lagging out in my fav virtual world 'Second Life' I decided time has come to upgrade, wow is it a big upgrade :)

After a minor hicup as noted in a previous thread things are starting to look up. I have just downloaded a viewer for SL and logged in, open up my statistics window and oh my gah, 165 fps :tt1: My old comp barely managed 20 fps, lol. So I thought ok, now lets put this to the test. Shadows on, teleport to a more populated sim. I am getting approx 90 fps, I honestly did not expect that, mind blowing :D This is with the new GTX 670 made by Palit (not the jetstream). I can see myself having lots of fun now :)

There is one difference with what I ordered, that's the PSU. First of all I picked the Corsair TX850w and made an amendment for a HX750w, when I opened the case I noticed the TX750w had been fitted. I have since called PCS and decided with a refund, I did not want to go through more days waiting. I am pretty gutted now that I see the amount of cables wedged in underneath the hard drive compartments. I really should of taken the advise and picked the HX750 first of all.

Anyone thinking of getting a SSD drive I would recommend it, the speed difference is a lot opening up programmes.

The SPIRE THERMAX ECLIPSE II UNIVERSAL DT EXTREME CPU COOLER I am not to sure about, its far from quiet, maybe I will change that in the future.

So 2 niggles but apart from them its a smashing machine. I will post some pics in the next day or so :D

Big thank you to all the people on these forums that helped me get my dream PC :)

Built By James Nisbet
Tested By Garnet Heller
QC'd By Aiden Ramsden
Packed By Anthony Cunliffe
Delivered by Steve :)

Case
CORSAIR CARBIDE SERIES™ 500R WHITE MID TOWER CASE
Processor (CPU)
Intel® Core™i7 Quad Core Processor i7-3770 (3.4GHz) 8MB Cache
Motherboard
ASUS® P8Z77-V: PCI-E 3.0 READY, WIFI, SLI, CROSSFIREX
Memory (RAM)
8GB KINGSTON HYPER-X GENESIS DUAL-DDR3 1600MHz, X.M.P (2 x 4GB KIT)
Graphics Card
2GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 670 - 2 DVI, HDMI, DP - 3D Vision Ready
Memory - 1st Hard Disk
120GB INTEL® 520 SERIES SSD, SATA 6 Gb/s (upto 550MB/sR | 520MB/sW)
2nd Hard Disk
750GB WD CAVIAR BLACK WD7502AAEX, SATA 6 Gb/s, 64MB CACHE (7200rpm)
1st DVD/BLU-RAY Drive
24x DUAL LAYER DVD WRITER ±R/±RW/RAM
Power Supply
CORSAIR 750W ENTHUSIAST SERIES™ TX750 V2-80 PLUS® BRONZE (£86)
Processor Cooling
SPIRE THERMAX ECLIPSE II UNIVERSAL DT EXTREME CPU COOLER (£39)
Sound Card
ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)
Network Facilities
10/100/1000 GIGABIT LAN PORT - AS STANDARD ON ALL PCs
USB Options
6 x USB 2.0 PORTS @ BACK PANEL (MIN 2 FRONT PORTS) AS STANDARD
Operating System
Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit - inc DVD & Licence (£79)
Office Software
FREE Microsoft® Office Starter 2010 (Limited functionality Word & Excel)
Anti-Virus
NO ANTI-VIRUS SOFTWARE
Monitor
IIYAMA E2273HDS 22" LED WIDESCREEN, HDMI/DVI-D 1920x1080 (£129)
DVI-D & HDMI Monitor Cables
1 x 2 METRE GOLD PLATED V1.4 HDMI CABLE (£8)
Warranty
3 Year Silver Warranty (1 Year Collect & Return, 1 Year Parts, 3 Year Labour) (£5)
Delivery
STANDARD INSURED DELIVERY TO UK MAINLAND (MON-FRI)
Build Time
FAST TRACK 5 WORKING DAY DISPATCH (£39)

Starry

Bronze Level Poster
Some pics :)

Ok I have done some pics :) Not brilliant and none really of the outside as it's chaos in my room, lol. Had to drag out my other PC as I forgot this 1 doesn't have a card reader. I hope they are ok for now :)

DSCF0963.jpg

DSCF0959.jpg

DSCF0957.jpg

DSCF0953.jpg

DSCF0951.jpg

DSCF0950.jpg

DSCF0946.jpg

DSCF0947.jpg

DSCF0944.jpg

DSCF0943.jpg

DSCF0940.jpg

Narcotics

Rising Star
PLEASE do post pics!

That cooler may be noisy, but its the best air cooler available!

I would like to see a 3dmark 11 benchmark at some point if you would be so kind +rep what a Charlie Machine you have their

Last edited:

Corfate

Author Level
That case <3

Very very nice build! If you're ever inside the case again, you could tie those cables in the HDD cage to some loops on the mobo tray, or just stick them there and put on the side panel so they're hidden away :)

truegrace

Enthusiast
That case <3

Very very nice build! If you're ever inside the case again, you could tie those cables in the HDD cage to some loops on the mobo tray, or just stick them there and put on the side panel so they're hidden away :)

I moved pretty much all the cables on my system to behind the MB tray, as I installed 2 base fans, only took about 5 mins tops, and makes me CM690 look tidy, as long as I dont take the side panel off on the MB side :p

tom_gr7

Life Serving
@starry excellent pic! if you could post them here too that would be most appreciated.

@truegrace Ya dont wanna see behind my mobo tray!