Yet another great Alienware OLED competitor

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Well done, MSI, bringing a new QD-OLED Ultrawide to market to take on the Alienware at around the same budget of $1100

It's the standard 3440 x 1440, Quantum Dot OLED

Downside against the Alienware is the build quality which is quite basic.

Includes HDMI 2.1 and KVM switch, plus power delivery over USB C

TonyCarter

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
As more of these panels become available, you just have to hope that they start dropping prices in ways other than reducing quality/function. But it's a good start for people who want to get one of these but are put off by the prices...and are happy to save 20% for a bit of 'flex', cheaper plastic, or no RGB. In fact, I'd have happily paid a premium for a stainless/chromed steel stand to match the monitor arm on my Mac Studio Display.

But hopefully this is just the start of a move towards more and more OLEDs, in all sizes/shapes...as I'd still really like that 4K 32" OLED...or something that keeps my Alienware's width, with a bit more height - which is probably some strange 36" 16:9 OLED* :unsure:

* larger than that will not fit, and requires too much head movement

HomerJ

Prolific Poster
As more of these panels become available, you just have to hope that they start dropping prices in ways other than reducing quality/function. But it's a good start for people who want to get one of these but are put off by the prices...and are happy to save 20% for a bit of 'flex', cheaper plastic, or no RGB. In fact, I'd have happily paid a premium for a stainless/chromed steel stand to match the monitor arm on my Mac Studio Display.

But hopefully this is just the start of a move towards more and more OLEDs, in all sizes/shapes...as I'd still really like that 4K 32" OLED...or something that keeps my Alienware's width, with a bit more height - which is probably some strange 36" 16:9 OLED* :unsure:

* larger than that will not fit, and requires too much head movement

im excited for oled, i feel that with current graphics cards and ones in the future a setup could be really special.

TonyCarter

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
I have had mine connected to my 48” LG, and it looks great from 6 feet away…wouldn’t want to be any closer though.

It’s one of the reasons that made me wish for a smaller OLED TV or monitor specifically for gaming.