Yodel. Snail paced drivers?

Erniny

Hey guys,
My pc was dispatched early yesterday morning, needless to say i'm currently bouncing around with excitement like a kid on extacy! ;)
It was recieved (I beleive) by Yodel last night and should be delivered to me today. However, the status is currently as follows:

Departed Depot 23/11/11 19:34 LEEDS SERVICE CENTRE
Parcel Picked Up 23/11/11 15:51 LEEDS SERVICE CENTRE
Parcel data received awaiting coll. 23/11/11 LEEDS SERVICE CENTRE

So yeah, I live in Reading, quite a while away from leeds. The issue being that i know my parcel shouldn't take over 12hrs to be transported from one place to the other - Unless it's been fastened to the shell of a snail courier!
Maybe I'm being impatient... Cant blame me, I'm EXCITED! :):):)

Just wondering if anybody can expand on the status Yodel are currently displaying? I'm just a little concerned by the whole lack of where-abouts/movement within the past 12 or so hrs.

Thanks guys. :D

Rakk

The Awesome
It should've been moved from Leeds to Reading overnight (did with all of my mine), however, given the tracking I'm not sure what happened to it, normally it would've been updated by now that it had reached Reading when it was still dark, or some delay - could just be that the tracking is screwed.

However if you did not get a mail and/or text this morning saying it was out for delivery, it will not be delivered today.

May be worth getting PCS to go prod Yodel and see what's happening.

Erniny

It should've been moved from Leeds to Reading overnight (did with all of my mine), however, given the tracking I'm not sure what happened to it, normally it would've been updated by now that it had reached Reading when it was still dark, or some delay - could just be that the tracking is screwed.

However if you did not get a mail and/or text this morning saying it was out for delivery, it will not be delivered today.

May be worth getting PCS to go prod Yodel and see what's happening.

Great! I feared something bad might happen with Yodel. Was suspicious of them as I'd never even heard of them untill a few days ago.
Don't really have the time, nor money, to spend hours on the phone with their customer support and what-not, so i'll see if PCS can throw up any answers. I hope it's sorted by tomorrow, or else thing's could be tricky with no-one being home to sign for the parcel next week. :(

Wouldn't mind so much if it was just a small delivery, however, a PC with a value in excess of £1100+ is somewhat concerning! -.-

Rakk

The Awesome
Well, if it helps, once it reaches Reading, I've never had any problems with stuff being delivered to me :)

Erniny

I've never really had any issues with deliveries before, either. Actually that's a minor lie, I had one problem when the sudden snowfall occurred last year, but that was really out of anybodies hands.

I've spoken to a friendly PCS guy, and he's been in touch with Yodel. I've been told they(Yodel) will contact me with an ETA within an hour.
I hope they've got some answers!

Erniny

Just received an email from Yodel, containing the following:

Yodel have the following information about your parcel:

Parcel Reference *********************

Action By:READING SERVICE CENTRE At:24-Nov-2011 13:30:09

Message:parcel has not arrived at the delivery Service Centre: Customer Services will start a trace for this parcel

-----------------------------------------------------------------
This is an automated email.
Please do not respond to this message.

Well, can you sense that I'm positively exploding with confidence?! :yawn:

Xoil

Judging by all the problems with Yodel i will not be ordering until they change couriers. I dont want to risk a 1k+ PC with a driver who wont deliver.

Rakk

The Awesome
Judging by all the problems with Yodel i will not be ordering until they change couriers. I dont want to risk a 1k+ PC with a driver who wont deliver.

Remember no matter which courier is chosen some people will have problems. Google any of the couriers and you find 15 billion complaints about each courier.

The number of delivery problems caused by Yodel is in fact a very small amount of the total orders disaptched by PCS, it's just when the deliveries are successful no one starts a thread about it :)

Frenchy

Prolific Poster

By that standard you could say the same about anything, I wont ever buy a ferrari until it has 100% good reviews etc. Things can and do go wrong, this is the same with any courier, and in fact, any company. As Rakk and many others have said, good reviews don't get posted and so people can only focus on the bad reviews (the only ones there), this creates a very biased view towards companies liek Yodel who for the most part are absolutley fine.

If anything did go wrong with the delivery though, you can be sure that PCS will do everything they can to sort it as quickly as possible.