Your Experience With Refunds/Credit Notes Please

Bleu

Hello All,

I had placed an order for new gaming machine with PCS on the on the 24/06/14. My spec passed the online configuration test so I thought everything was fine. However the next day I received a phone call from PCS saying there was a problem with my case selection - it was too small for the amount of heat the graphics cards would produce I believe - I would have to change the case or the GPU or else PCS could not proceed with the build.

I really like my selected case because it is small(ish) and had seen it work with high-end GPUs online but watercooled, so I decided to cancel my order (the chap on the phone assured me this was fine and that I would get a full refund) and go down that route. However it's now the 02 July and I haven't received my refund yet.

Now I know it's early in the morning but my bank updates it's system at 1 in the morning. Several debits and payments have occurred so if the refund was going to go through today surely it would have happened with the rest of the transactions?

My bank can't help me as they say it has nothing to do with them but they advised me if it's not back in my account within five working days to contact trading standards, I don't want to do that so may I ask...

What is your experience with refunds and or credit notes from PCS? Oh and if you don't mind just what exactly is a credit note?

keynes

Multiverse Poster
Never had a problem, it would take between 3 to 5 working days to get my money back.

steaky360

I do know when I placed my order and made amendments the smaller refunds were carried out within 3 to 5 days similar to Keynes. However I cancelled my graphics cards which were quite expensive components (out of stock from PCS at the time) and ordered them elsewhere, it took a little longer to get the money back for those but I still got it back :)

Boozad

Prolific Poster
Never had a problem, I've got my money back on two occasions. One a deposit for a finance purchased rig which took quite a while, and the other just shy of £2,000 when I wanted to cancel the order to upgrade to Haswell.

WhatCanIKeep?

Administrator
Staff member
I would first of all like to take this opportunity to apologise for the inconvenience, due to the size of the specification it would not fit in the case that was ordered, also potential overheating issues. I can confirm your system has been cancelled and refunded, I have checked with our account Manager, you can also login to your account and it will show the order being cancelled.

The payment should be in your account in the next 2 ~ 4 working days, if however it is not then please let us know.

I would once again like to take this opportunity to apologise for any inconvenience.

Last edited:

Bleu

I would first of all like to take this opportunity to apologise for the inconvenience, due to the size of the specification it would not fit in the case that was ordered, also potential overheating issues. I can confirm your system has been cancelled and refunded, I have checked with our account Manager, you can also login to your account and it will show the order being cancelled.

The payment should be in your account in the next 2 ~ 4 working days, if however it is not then please let us know.

I would once again like to take this opportunity to apologise for any inconvenience.

Thank you but I'm not sure PCS have done anything wrong. If the money has been refunded then it should appear in my account eventually. I didn't start the thread to bash PCS but rather see if this had happened to anyone else if it had I'd feel a lot better knowing it wasn't just me. As silly as that sounds...

I had thought perhaps the refund was not issued when it was said to have been issued but I spoke with someone online today and they said you had some sort of problem with your payment system last week? I can't tell if this is true or not but I'll take him at his word and although I am worried about it I'll have to allow for some delay, thank you for your time.

Regards,

Bleu