Z2300 Sound Lag on new pcs

Ansab001

Bronze Level Poster
Hi Guys i bought the pc witht he z2300 speakers. Nowthier seems to be about a sec-to 1.5 sec delay in sound. I use the normal 5.1 on baord sound. I have updated all the drivers. B ut thier still seems to be a lag (0.5 - 1 sec now) Can anyone help? Also my sata 3 drivers are not working either. Theya re the top 2 left ones ont he front of the haf x case adn the back 3.0 usb drivers. I have an unknown driver in device manger which I unistalled and rebotted the pc but it came back as uninstalled driver. Anyone help?

Last edited:

pengipete

Rising Star
Regarding the front USB3 ports - the only way to connect them is to run the cable from the front panel through the PC and plug it into any rear USB3 ports.

Regarding the unknown device - impossible to say for certain withour more detail but good money says it's the ATK0110 driver that you need. You can download it here - http://support.asus.com/download/download.aspx?model=P6X58D Premium&os=30&SLanguage=en-us - in the ultilties section. iF that doesn't cure it, post back.

Regarding the audio lag - you need to tell us when it is happening - is it is Windows Media Player, in games, in some multimedia software etc and does it affect every game, video etc or just some?

Ansab001

Bronze Level Poster
LAG ISSUE - its all my players, vlc, quicktime, windows power dvd. When ever i play a move the sound is 1 or 2 seconds quicker than the audio. It effects all vidoes and dvds etc. On the dvd its about 1 second. but on downlaoded videos its almost 1.5 seconds lag.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
As far as unknwon drive the infromation i cna give you is this:

Por_#0007.Hub_#0004

The drivers for this device are not installed. (Code 28)

There is no driver selected for the device information set or element.

To find a driver for this device, click Update Driver.

HARDWARE ID:S
USB\VID_0CF3&PID_3000&REV_0200
USB\VID_0CF3&PID_3000

class icon pass
%SystemRoot%\System32\setupapi.dll,-18

I have installed that driver you put up but still no change :(

Last edited:

pengipete

Rising Star
That unknown device is your onboard Bluetooth - you can find the driver here - http://support.asus.com/download/download.aspx?model=P6X58D Premium&os=30&SLanguage=en-us

Can you double-check your post about the audio problem - as it stands it's not possible to tell if the audio or the video is lagging - "the sound is 1 or 2 seconds quicker than the audio"

My first thought is that you have so many multimedia apps there that various codecs are clashing. Can you uninstall all of them except Windows Media Player and then play a DVD - if it works it will show that your hardware is working fine.

Ansab001

Bronze Level Poster
the sound is 1 or 2 seconds quicker than the video

i'll do that asap and let you know

i am finding it hard to find the blue tooth driver what is it called?

Last edited:

Ansab001

Bronze Level Poster
Ok I have downlaoded the blue tooth driver. That is it fixed :) Uninstalled all but the windows media player and pow dvd. Thier is still a slight delay :s

Randomthom

Silver Level Poster
If the sound is ahead of the video then the problem is more likely to be with the video playback rather than the audio playback.

Just in case I've misunderstood though, the only way I know how to deliberately delay audio is to force it through a software process, check your audio drivers (usually an icon in the system tray) for any options for audio "effects" (e.g. environmental effects) that it is applying to your computers audio output, disable them, they usually cause a delay.

Last edited: