Zalman T4

Kuniva

Silver Level Poster
Yes I've ordered it, don't start. I'm currently trying to prefigure in my head what the best cooling setup would be. Assuming the R9 280x leaves anough room for a fan at the front. It has an exhaust fan at the back top of the case, but there is also space for 2 fans on the side. Aftermarket CPU cooler is another question, but I will need to measure IRL for that. What I'm thinking is, with the sides, and possibly the front what setupd would be best.

Take an exhaust from the front and sides as intake, or do what Zalman recommend and take 2 intakes from the side? and keep the front as an intake too, but would you think that would just blow air around inside?

What I'm contemplating is, is an intake from the front (assuming theres enough space) and on the side have an exhaust form the lower fan on the side sucking out the hot air from the gxf and the gxf cooling coming from the front intake fan and an intake from the higher 1 up for better cooling on the CPU, it looks like the graphics will seperate most of the air flow between the 2 fans onj the side so it won't create some kind of vortex and instead the exhaust fan at the back will take out the hot air surrounding the CPU. Obviously once I have the PC it will be easier to decide.

What are your thoughts or mods I could make?

T4_05.jpg

Attachments

• ZMPSU960.jpg
    ZMPSU960.jpg
    118.6 KB · Views: 232
Last edited:

tom_gr7

Life Serving
always, bottom and front intake fans. Top and rear exhaust fans. The airflow is going the same way then... front to back

if you could in side fans, then you have front to back... with airflow from the side... will end up with air going all over the shop. Not good.

I personally wouldn't bother with side fans at all. Unless the card(s) are boiling hot.

Kuniva

Silver Level Poster
always, bottom and front intake fans. Top and rear exhaust fans. The airflow is going the same way then... front to back

if you could in side fans, then you have front to back... with airflow from the side... will end up with air going all over the shop. Not good.

I personally wouldn't bother with side fans at all. Unless the card(s) are boiling hot.
But I got pretty red led fans. When I imagine I see vacuums and vortexes. Depends on what RPM the back one goes to, the ones I bought are 2300-2400 rpm, but as I see the Graphics card kind of splits the case in half in regards to blocking airflow, so the way I'm thinking it will create two difference passages of airflow through it. I'll need to test it IRL anyway.

tom_gr7

Life Serving
But I got pretty red led fans.

lol, i read that as if you were a teenager..... ah but... I got red led fans :( naawwwhhh not fair lol.

haha

anyway, give it a try mate, it will look pretty smart. But the airflow wont be very clean.

Kuniva

Silver Level Poster
lol, i read that as if you were a teenager..... ah but... I got red led fans :( naawwwhhh not fair lol.

haha
Lol, intended as such :p

Yeah I don't think it will be clean either. I'll try a few things, do the old lick the finger test. I'll pop on some photos when I got the thing, also got red led strip for under the case.