Zen 3 Tracking thread (5900x/5950x)

Stephen M

Author Level
Oh wow, I didn't realise the wait for the 5900x was so long. My start has barely begun at 20 days o_O and I thought it was the 3060Ti in my build that was going to be the hold up, not to mention the delivery to Germany..:confused:
Look on the bright side, at least you have easy access to Currywurst while you are waiting.

john coomey872

Bronze Level Poster
Day 28 with a 5950x. Seeing people in the 60’s and 70’s is worrying
yup, but it is what it is and it helps to know at least.
If you are not in urgent need of a new machine, its probably best to do your what you can to forget about it and be surprised when it does arrived....

... For Christmas 2025 :p

lambey

For those worried:

Most of us in the 60+ days had graphics cards in our builds that were causing massive delays. We've since removed them, but as of right now there has been a week and a half without any new 5900x. Its just that we're waiting for the next shipment. I imagine most of you won't reach 60 days at all.

Ungaro87

For those worried:

Most of us in the 60+ days had graphics cards in our builds that were causing massive delays. We've since removed them, but as of right now there has been a week and a half without any new 5900x. Its just that we're waiting for the next shipment. I imagine most of you won't reach 60 days at all.
Thanks for letting us know to full picture. I am starting to think I will be waiting 60+ days at this rate as I need GPU.

john coomey872

Bronze Level Poster
For those worried:

I would have thought, had you ordered without a GPU from the start it would have made no difference to the 60+ days waiting. Would the CPU not have been there if you were only waiting on the GPU?

lambey

I would have thought, had you ordered without a GPU from the start it would have made no difference to the 60+ days waiting. Would the CPU not have been there if you were only waiting on the GPU?
No thats not how theyre doing allocation.

Because CPU's are so high in demand, theyre doing them if another item is in stock. Basically unless both the CPU and GPU were in stock, you were passed over for someone who could get their pc fully built now.

john coomey872

Bronze Level Poster
No thats not how theyre doing allocation.

Because CPU's are so high in demand, theyre doing them if another item is in stock. Basically unless both the CPU and GPU were in stock, you were passed over for someone who could get their pc fully built now.
Good to know, but sounds impossible for those with troublesome GPUs :O

DerbyMark

Look on the bright side, at least you have easy access to Currywurst while you are waiting.
I love Currywurst, tried making it here at home in UK but nowhere near as good as in Berlin. And on another note moved from testing limbo after posting on the 2nd into 'Awaiting Delivery' and still 'Awaiting Delivery' as of now..

Last edited:

Stephen M

Author Level
I love Currywurst, tried making it here at home in UK but nowhere near as good as in Berlin. And on another note moved from testing limbo after posting on the 2nd into 'Awaiting Delivery' and still 'Awaiting Delivery' as of now..
There is a German Deli website who do a lot of good stuff, the Currywurst in jars is not as good as the real thing but close. Also do Käsekrainer as well, one of my favourites.

rajadd

Silver Level Poster
Spoke to PCS today and there are TWO 5900x deliveries scheduled for the remainder of February - in the 3rd and 4th week.

Clwe

This thread's making me increasingly nervous the more I read it 😮 My order was initially for a system with a RTX 3090 AND 5900X, but I more recently changed the CPU to a 5800X.

That's still two stars that need to align...but hopefully it'll be sooner than, say, the gold dust 5900X & RTX 3080 combo!

Only 21 days in Pre-Production so far - relatively early days yet...

Mitchtenn96

I’m currently on 34 days (ordered Dec 22nd) waiting for a 5900x & a RX 6800, expecting my wait time to double at least if I’m honest 😂😭

DerbyMark

Day 64, my build is now awaiting dispatch. 5950x and a 3090, I upgraded to the 3090 last week and it went into build the next day.
Mine went into dispatch on Tuesday 2nd and have phoned them this afternoon to see if I can collect today as it does not seem to be going anywhere fast. Forecast heavy snow on Sunday so deliveries next week could be screwed if that rings true.