Zen 3 Tracking thread (5900x/5950x)

Jingo

Bronze Level Poster
Well if I don't hear anything this week I'll call them next Monday. Given I've had to downgrade the gpu I really don't want to downgrade the cpu as well. I'd back myself to install a new gpu, but cpu is something else. I'd probably take the 5950 though if it meant getting it sooner. Last time I asked that they said it wasn't worth it, but seems like the situation might have changed.

BigBoss

So I just talked to lI’ve chat and they said they didn’t get the 5950x with the last order they had and there is no ETA on when they will have them :( shame as he said it’s the only thing holding back my order

Jingo

Bronze Level Poster
What was your spec that you picked?
Case CORSAIR OBSIDIAN SERIES™ 500D SE CASE
Processor (CPU)AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 12 Core CPU (3.7GHz-4.8GHz/70MB CACHE/AM4)
MotherboardASUS® ROG STRIX X570-F GAMING (USB 3.2 Gen 2, PCIe 4.0) - ARGB Ready!
Memory (RAM)32GB Corsair VENGEANCE DDR4 3200MHz (2 x 16GB)
Graphics Card10GB NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 - HDMI, DP (Xmas delivery not guaranteed)
down_right_arrow.gif
Change to: NONE, I ALREADY HAVE A GRAPHICS CARD
1st Storage Drive2TB SEAGATE BARRACUDA SATA-III 3.5" HDD, 6GB/s, 7200RPM, 256MB CACHE
1st M.2 SSD Drive1TB SAMSUNG 980 PRO M.2, PCIe NVMe (up to 7000MB/R, 5000MB/W)
2nd M.2 SSD Drive1TB SAMSUNG 980 PRO M.2, PCIe NVMe (up to 7000MB/R, 5000MB/W)

Nivek

Silver Level Poster
Well just went to amend my order to see what was in stock and I now have 3 items on pre-order :confused:
The 1000W RMx is now on pre-order, after I was already told by PCS at end of november to change the 850W RMx as it was no longer in stock.
Now I don't know whether I should change it again, I'll try to get on to support tomorrow but it's really frustrating trying to keep on top of it!

1611094953639.png

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Well just went to amend my order to see what was in stock and I now have 3 items on pre-order :confused:
The 1000W RMx is now on pre-order, after I was already told by PCS at end of november to change the 850W RMx as it was no longer in stock.
Now I don't know whether I should change it again, I'll try to get on to support tomorrow but it's really frustrating trying to keep on top of it!

View attachment 21466
Where is it displaying that, is it actually on your order page or just on the normal configurator?

Nivek

Silver Level Poster
That’s just showing current stocks, it has no relation to what’s tied to your order.
Oh okay, to be honest I'm not sure how it works, whether they 'allocate' anything to your order or not. I was under the impression that no components are allocated to your order, it just goes into building when it's your turn in the build queue and all components are in.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Oh okay, to be honest I'm not sure how it works, whether they 'allocate' anything to your order or not. I was under the impression that no components are allocated to your order, it just goes into building when it's your turn in the build queue and all components are in.
No, the first part of the process is allocating stock where it's available.

It's a JIT system though, so with covid there are complications with expected deliveries not arriving at times which can cause complications (talking primarily processors and GPU's at the moment) but just because something goes out of stock on the configurator does not mean that affects your build at all in any way, that's purely relating to new orders.

If you go changing your build ever time something goes out of stock on the configurator, it's not going to get built for an awfully long time!

Nivek

Silver Level Poster
Just got off live-chat and they had 0 information on the new CPUs or GPUs regarding stock levels, etc.
I was told I probably have another 1-2 months wait.
For reference I ordered a 5900X system with no GPU on 5th November (launch day at 2pm), and amended the GPU to a 6800XT on the 18th November (again, launch day at 2pm).
I'm 54 working days waiting so far, and even though I ordered the pre-order items the minute they were available to order, I'm still going to be waiting for quite a while longer.

Bbl

Just got off live-chat and they had 0 information on the new CPUs or GPUs regarding stock levels, etc.
I was told I probably have another 1-2 months wait.
For reference I ordered a 5900X system with no GPU on 5th November (launch day at 2pm), and amended the GPU to a 6800XT on the 18th November (again, launch day at 2pm).
I'm 54 working days waiting so far, and even though I ordered the pre-order items the minute they were available to order, I'm still going to be waiting for quite a while longer.
They have clearly had deliveries. Also I got told they are due more stock next week. I don't understand why we are being told different things