Zen 3 Tracking thread (5900x/5950x)

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
They have clearly had deliveries. Also I got told they are due more stock next week. I don't understand why we are being told different things
Possibly because stock being due doesn't mean it will arrive. PCS are being let down by their suppliers and they can't make any reliable future forecasts.

Jingo

Bronze Level Poster
Just got off live-chat and they had 0 information on the new CPUs or GPUs regarding stock levels, etc.
I was told I probably have another 1-2 months wait.
For reference I ordered a 5900X system with no GPU on 5th November (launch day at 2pm), and amended the GPU to a 6800XT on the 18th November (again, launch day at 2pm).
I'm 54 working days waiting so far, and even though I ordered the pre-order items the minute they were available to order, I'm still going to be waiting for quite a while longer.
I'd bin the gpu and get it separately, then you'll be top of the queue for a 5900x. Mine was built on 52 days without gpu.

Jingo

Bronze Level Poster
Again, all praise to the PCS guys who must have worked through the night. Went from build to dispatched in less than 24 hours. Also received all of the game codes to go with my components at the same time.

TwiggyHaz

Have we got a feel on which CPU is likely to get you into build sooner? Would debate upgrading to the 5950x if it meant so.

lambey

Just got my hands on a 3080 founders edition from elsewhere, just waiting on PCS with the CPU and power supply now!

Jaycensolo

Bronze Level Poster
Have we got a feel on which CPU is likely to get you into build sooner? Would debate upgrading to the 5950x if it meant so.
I wanted a 5900X but no signs any where not even on the discord bots. I am seeing 15-20 pings a day for the 5800X and only seen a handful of pings for the 5950X since January 4th. Although I wanted the 5900X it could be months for it. If your really wanting the PC built fast a drop to the 5800X would make it faster as they are expecting a load of them in before the end of the month. They have over 750 people waiting for 5900X and only getting a handful at a time if they get any at all. You could ask if you pay extra to bump up to 5950X but say that you will accept any of the 5800X, 5900X or 5950X which ever gets in first.

UberJase

Possibly because stock being due doesn't mean it will arrive. PCS are being let down by their suppliers and they can't make any reliable future forecasts.
If the situation with suppliers is that bad, why Doesn't PCS remove the 59XX CPUs from their configurator until at least they have fulfilled back orders.

Jingo

Bronze Level Poster
If the situation with suppliers is that bad, why Doesn't PCS remove the 59XX CPUs from their configurator until at least they have fulfilled back orders.
People still might want to order even knowing the situation. They do make it very clear.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Why would they do that? Doesn’t make any sense. That’s not how pre orders work and never had been.

Jaycensolo

Bronze Level Poster
Another competitor has removed buying the 59XX till all back orders are fulfilled. But they also sell the CPU individually. They have not had any for pre-builds till everyone has had their pre-order. Another competitor won’t actually list it on the builder unless they have it in stock at their warehouse. I was going to have it built through them originally but they did not have my case in stock and was unsure about buying from someone I had not heard of. Plus PCS had jointly won PC Builder of the year which is what made my mind up.

Bbl

Just had the email that I have gone into build.🙌🙌 39 days 5900x.
Managed to secure a 3080 a couple of weeks ago so that made a massive difference. Excited now and hopefully the rest of u wont have to wait to long

hyfen

I wanted a 5900X but no signs any where not even on the discord bots. I am seeing 15-20 pings a day for the 5800X and only seen a handful of pings for the 5950X since January 4th. Although I wanted the 5900X it could be months for it. If your really wanting the PC built fast a drop to the 5800X would make it faster as they are expecting a load of them in before the end of the month. They have over 750 people waiting for 5900X and only getting a handful at a time if they get any at all. You could ask if you pay extra to bump up to 5950X but say that you will accept any of the 5800X, 5900X or 5950X which ever gets in first.
How did u get pings

Zelit0

Just had the email that I have gone into build.🙌🙌 39 days 5900x.
Managed to secure a 3080 a couple of weeks ago so that made a massive difference. Excited now and hopefully the rest of u wont have to wait to long
Also on 39 days 5900x no gpu, hopefully mine will go into building soon lol