ZOTAC 3090 rattling noise/running hot

Gimmles

Bronze Level Poster
Hey guys, me again!

Having fixed the issues with bluescreens and such, I have noticed that my 3090 seems to be getting right up to it's temperature limit on stock settings all of the time. I've tried undervolting and having the fans run faster but it still remains pretty darn hot... (82c and then clock speeds start to suffer)

It's only getting to around 1860MHz in Call of Duty Warzone, where it'll hit 82c, and start dipping to 1830 > 1815 and then spike back to 1860 for a second before dropping again... I've seen other folks around the internet are not getting anywhere near the 82c limit on stock settings with any 3090's... And to add to this, when the fans are running fast (not when the card is working hard, only the fans running fast) there's a buzzing noise coming from the card... Thinking this may be a candidate for return? Anything else for me to try?

D

Deleted member 103489

Hard to say

However i have the exact same card and i am not having those issues, my 3090 zotac on full load temp never really hit higher than 70C and i have found the card pretty silient also. (this is with the most demanding rendering software)

however i do not play games so i can't comment on the stock temps for this game.

also I am expecting 2nd card to arrive next week after long pre-order i would be frustrated if that arrived faulty.

Gimmles

Bronze Level Poster
I think I'll try a couple of things, I think my case airflow needs a little work so I'll change that up- my only real concern is the slight noise of something buzzing/rattling- it sounds like there's something in a fan if you know what I mean? like a bit of plastic hitting a fan fairly faintly... It sounds like it could be the GPU or the back fan, but it's intermittent so I have had trouble fully locating it.

GreyDog

Did you get this sorted, same card same issue, my aio was fitted at the front of the case backing onto the intake fans, think this could be choking air flow to the gpu?

temps hitting 75 on idle and well into 90 when gaming