Zotac RTX 3080 Randomly Shows 'No Display Detected'

Botiz

Bit of a scuffed thread title, but I'm having an issue with a PC I had custom-built a few weeks back in which, when randomly playing games (Dead By Daylight in particular), suddenly, out of nowhere, both of my monitors will stop receiving any display and go to No Signal Detected. The only way which I manage to "fix" the issue temporarily is to restart the PC and then it works fine again until the next time it happens. The GPU fans and lights are still on and spinning.

I have a feeling it could be something to do with NVIDIA Freestyle Filters because after restart and jumping back onto Dead By Daylight, it tells me I have to enable Photo Mode in the settings before I can apply the Freestyle Filters, but after I enable that and then attempt to re-enable the filters, I'm told 'An error occurred' and that I need to restart the game first. This only happens after I restart my PC after the weird issue I'm having.

Does anyone have any idea what's happening or how I can fix this for good? I've checked for loose connections, updating drivers, downgrading drivers, reseating the RAM but so far, haven't found a permanent solution. There's also no issues with either the GPU or CPU overheating either, as far as I'm aware.

Here are my specs:
1663286187269.png

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Hiya

Could you include a screenshot of your optional updates page from windows update?

Unfortunately that cooler is no way near compatible with that processor, it's going to overheat pretty quickly during a game especially as it's overclocked, there's just no way it's going to be able to cool it sufficiently.

Botiz

Hiya

Could you include a screenshot of your optional updates page from windows update?

Unfortunately that cooler is no way near compatible with that processor, it's going to overheat pretty quickly during a game especially as it's overclocked, there's just no way it's going to be able to cool it sufficiently.
Interesting, are there any coolers you'd recommend me upgrading to?

As for the optional updates, this is what's available:
1663342309558.png

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Done; maybe as Spyder said above, I probably need to upgrade my CPU Cooler. I'll see over the next 2-3 days if the issue still persists - so far so good though
You would need a minimum of an H115i capellix on that CPU

In any case, I would remove the overclock, it's not going to cope well at all with the current cooler and could lead to damage.

what do you use the PC for as for most uses, overclocking Ryzen will actually reduce performance?

Last edited:

Botiz

You would need a minimum of an H115i capellix on that CPU

In any case, I would remove the overclock, it's not going to cope well at all with the current cooler and could lead to damage.

what do you use the PC for as for most uses, overclocking Ryzen will actually reduce performance?
I currently use it for gaming, streaming and video editing